Athlon Argos BTR thoughts?

KjBeachy

I'm considering getting the btr in 6-24X50 . I know the turrets are kinda mushy and that there is no zero stop, however, it's a great price.

I'm gonna be using it on a 6.5 creedmore for yote hunting and long range groundhog hunting.

Have any of you used one and have any great and wonderful thoughts on it?

The Argos 6-24 was the first Atholon scope I tried and have not regretted my purchase. You would be correct about the soft turrets and lack of zero stop on them but for the price point I feel it is a very good, bright, clear scope through the entire power range. The only downside is it has only caused me to buy some of their more expensive scopes and they have impressed me as well.

I love mine. The tracking is true. It has held it zero. I wish they had caps for the turrets, but the did send me some "nylon washers" that were simple to install to help with setting a "stop" one way. Its so if the turret would get spun accidentally you would have reference to set it to zero again.

Mine tracks true as well. One other thing is the illuminated reticle isn't overpowering like I've seen on other scopes, so it's actually very functional

Back