What size cage traps for bobcats, foxes and coyotes

cambo0420

Hey guys new to trapping and wanted to try some cage trapping. What size cage trap for coyotes and bobcats? And what are some good brands that won't break the bank. Also sometimes I trap in areas where I can't discharge a firearm, how do I dispatch a fox, bobcat or coyote in a cage trap? Would a 22 cal air rifle work? Or how do I get and acetone syringe through the metal grating on a live trap?

Coyotes in cages is not going to happen. Fox and Bobcats yes but buy the best you can or you will constantly be repairing them.A 15x18x36 will serve you well. Acetone is for SKUNKS only nothing else ever! A choke pole is your best tool for fox and bobcats.

Last edited:
What gotspots said. You could also fill a 55 gal drum full of water and immerse the cage to drown them if you can move the cage without getting bitten.

It can be done. This is the only wild one I have ever caught.
4Nsd90j.jpg

I catch 8 to 10 coyotes every year in cages but not your little cat cage mine are 2 foot wide by 3 foot tall by 4 feet long. I use 2by 4 horse panels to build. I know I get some in the wire cages but most of the time all you take home is a wrecked trap and some fur. Look up Comstock traps he has a large selection if you want to buy

I posted a pic on trapperman of a coyote I got today in a 11/18/36 cage so don't tell you they won't go may never get another in a small cage but can say I did it he filled the cage up wasn't a pup

Back