Predator Technologies 204 experience anyone?

case-nh

Any one with experience with a 18" 204 from them? Looking for some input as this was a suggestion from a member. Looking for an 18" 204.

Last edited:
I bought an 18" PTG AR in 204 a couple years ago. great rifle, very accurate. I was so impressed I also had Mo build me a 6.5 Grendel and a 223.
I'm shooting 35g Bergers at about 3800fps. heres a group I shot when iI was working up my handholds.

PUL0Spi.jpg

What brand of barrel and what is the twist rate on the 18" .204? I always though that the .204 needed a longer barrel to shoot that well. That group proves I was wrong. I wonder how much velocity loss there would be going with a 16"? I use a supressor and the 16" is a lot easier the drag around.

Originally Posted By: case-nhThanks Hogstir. Will check them out. What twist on the barrel?

You’d have to ask Mo about the twist rate. I wanted an 18”
to use a suppressor.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: jk2paintworxWhat brand of barrel and what is the twist rate on the 18" .204? I always though that the .204 needed a longer barrel to shoot that well. That group proves I was wrong. I wonder how much velocity loss there would be going with a 16"? I use a supressor and the 16" is a lot easier the drag around.

I went with the 18” as a compromise. I wanted a shorter barrel to use a suppressor but didn’t want to get too short.

You should contact Mo at PTG and ask if he has ever made a 16” barrel 204.

We never went below 18in in a rifle platform. It starts getting hit or miss with accuracy and consistency. I have a 12in TC Conetnder and it is very finicky about what it will and will not stabilize.

18's seem to shoot just about anything. Our 18's are 1:11 twist.

Back