Shipping firearms UPS....

ultramag

Been shipping firearms UPS for years,today the UPS guy tells me I cant ship without a copy of the recievers FFL. Anyone ever hear that before?

Originally Posted By: ultramagBeen shipping firearms UPS for years,today the UPS guy tells me I cant ship without a copy of the recievers FFL. Anyone ever hear that before?

It’s not required, unless UPS regs have changed recently.
If he wants a copy give him one.
No big deal.
And put a copy in the box with your ID that his FFL will need to do the transfer.

They said it's been a policy for 30 years but couldn't show me it in writing. The"manager" said he was too busy and I'd have to find it myself....
sneaky2.gif

you're in NY. it's possible this is required by the dems there as part of the nasty mix of anti gun laws they've crammed through.

or not & the guy doesn't know what he's talking about

Originally Posted By: Wyoming WinchesterI'm pretty sure, if you wrote "fragile iron art" handle with care on the box. It would go thru with no problems.

And then try to collect the insurance when the “art” gets run over by a truck—
Or maybe try to explain the “art” to the ATF?

There are very few things that are any dumber for a gun owner to do than to try and conceal or falsify a firearms transfer.

rolleyes.gif

Originally Posted By: ultramagThey said it's been a policy for 30 years but couldn't show me it in writing. The"manager" said he was too busy and I'd have to find it myself....
sneaky2.gif

He can’t show it to you because it’s not UPS policy.
Copy his regs from the UPS website and take it to him with the FFL copy.
Are you shipping the gun to an FFL?

Originally Posted By: Stu Farishyou're in NY. it's possible this is required by the dems there as part of the nasty mix of anti gun laws they've crammed through.

Show me the UPS regs for NY.

beats me, I', not in NY & intend to keep it that way. but it wouldn't surprise me to find that it's tucked away in those laws they've passed in recent times

Originally Posted By: Stu Farishbeats me, I', not in NY & intend to keep it that way. but it wouldn't surprise me to find that it's tucked away in those laws they've passed in recent times

So you just made it up??

Originally Posted By: Stu Farishyou're in NY. it's possible this is required by the dems there as part of the nasty mix of anti gun laws they've crammed through.

you might want to read it again. I think it was pretty clear that I wasn't stating it as a known fact. Words like "maybe" and "it's possible" are the give aways on that

Originally Posted By: Stu FarishOriginally Posted By: Stu Farishyou're in NY. it's possible this is required by the dems there as part of the nasty mix of anti gun laws they've crammed through.

you might want to read it again. I think it was pretty clear that I wasn't stating it as a known fact. Words like "maybe" and "it's possible" are the give aways on that

I read it just fine the first time.
As a moderator, why don’t you go back and read WW’s “iron art” post about falsifying information pertaining to a firearms transfer?
Seems like you let that one slide, and went directly to your tin-foil hat stuff about the “dems” in NY for some reason?

You’ve done nothing to help the OP ship his gun.
Maybe some solid advice and information would be best here in this forum, and the political carp would fit better in your Church forum?

As a moderator and a member of Admin, what do you think about WW’s suggestion to falsify information pertaining to shipping a firearm?

This one:

Originally Posted By: Wyoming WinchesterI'm pretty sure, if you wrote "fragile iron art" handle with care on the box. It would go thru with no problems.

I have always had a copy of the receiver ffl when shipping regardless of the carrier.

Something you might like to know about ups. Their "insurance" only covers loss UNLESS THE ITEM IS PACKED BY UPS.

Originally Posted By: crapshootI have always had a copy of the receiver fgl when shipping regardless of the carrier.

Something you might like to know about ups. Their "insurance" only covers less UNLESS THE ITEM IS PACKED BY UPS.

Yes, take all your stuff with you.
The best way I’ve found is to locate a gun-friendly UPS contract shipping location like a hardware store or equipment rental business.

Originally Posted By: fw707Originally Posted By: crapshootI have always had a copy of the receiver fgl when shipping regardless of the carrier.

Something you might like to know about ups. Their "insurance" only covers less UNLESS THE ITEM IS PACKED BY UPS.

The best way I’ve found is to locate a gun-friendly UPS contract shipping location like a hardware store or equipment rental business.

Fixed the typos. Fat fingers and all that.

Originally Posted By: fw707Originally Posted By: ultramagBeen shipping firearms UPS for years,today the UPS guy tells me I cant ship without a copy of the recievers FFL. Anyone ever hear that before?

It’s not required, unless UPS regs have changed recently.
If he wants a copy give him one.
No big deal.
And put a copy in the box with your ID that his FFL will need to do the transfer

The receivers FFL will have a copy of his own FFL.
I pay my FFL a few bucks,last one cost forty dollars total,to ship FFL to FFL.

The UPS shipping requirements don't say anything about providing a copy of the FFL,they do however say the box must be clearly marked "firearm" and it must be sent adult signature required. Funny he didn't have me do either of those though...

Originally Posted By: fw707Originally Posted By: crapshootI have always had a copy of the receiver fgl when shipping regardless of the carrier.

Ah yet another restriction not followed,according to the UPS page firearms can only be shipped through a UPS customer center,not UPS store or third party outlet.

Originally Posted By: ultramagOriginally Posted By: fw707Originally Posted By: crapshootI have always had a copy of the receiver fgl when shipping regardless of the carrier.

Ah yet another restriction not followed,according to the UPS page firearms can only be shipped through a UPS customer center,not UPS store or third party outlet.

Yeah, they make it about as clear as mud, don’t they?
grin.gif

This site says no markings:

https://www.ups.com/us/en/help-center/packaging-and-supplies/special-care-shipments/firearms.page

“The labeling and outer box markings on all firearms shipments should not identify the contents as containing a firearm. Labeling, including the shipper's and consignee's abbreviated names on the shipping label or air shipping document, must be non-descriptive.“

And they have several types of “third party shippers”, so that adds to the confusion.

The UPS Stores and access points like Best Buy are definite no-no’s.
I had a Radio Shack store that would ship guns, so you never know until you ask.

I wasn’t very clear about taking a copy of the FFL.
I take it so the shipper can copy the ship-to address directly from the license, and also see that the package is being shipped to a legitimate location.
I put a copy inside the box just in case the box is damaged or opened enroute. It only costs me a sheet of paper through my printer.

If you keep getting a hassle from UPS, you can always ship long guns by USPS. Rates are similar to UPS, but insurance is more expensive.

Back