Needing sugguestions on adjustable gas blocks and muzzle brakes!

Matthew M-16

Hey guys I’m building a 20” 308 aero precision m5. The lower is completely done and is aero as well aero parts besides trigger geissele sde and anti walk pins. I’m working on the upper atm went with the aero m5 enhanced upper, aero upper parts, aero Handguard, fail zero nkb bolt carrier, barrel was free nothing special will upgrade. I am also considering buying the gem tech trilogy so I can run surpressed. Wanting an adjustable gas block and a decent muzzle brake to last me till the wait time is over. Was considering a seekins but also wanting somethingwith bleed off??? Muzzle break was thinking the v6 line aero supports plan on using on a 300 win mag as well. Any thoughts and input is appreciated!!!!

Originally Posted By: Hcboyhttp://www.wojtekweaponry.com/ar-parts/

I just bought a .750 adjustable gas block from this place and it is engineered properly. It shipped fast and looks great. It’s way cheaper then many other adjustable gas blocks at only $33 and there’s many to choose from. I’d recommend them.

I like the looks and design of that, I'm going to try one if I do another build. His handguards look nice too.

I built an aero in the past and it ended up needing an adjustable block, it was grossly overgassed out of the box to the point the carrier was slamming the back of the lower. SLR7 gas block fixed everything, it's got nice positive clicks so you know exactly where you're at.

I'm a huge fan of surefire muzzle breaks, some of the most functional out there.

Aero enhanced uppers are awesome, probably the last uppers I will ever buy.

If you are going to run a suppressor some day I would start off with a muzzle brake that your future suppressor attaches directly to.

As for an adjustable gas block I would get one like LARUEminati suggested with the click adjustment, I've had the other ones with a simple set screw move all over on me even with loctite, I hate them to pieces and if you are trying to make simple adjustments from suppressed to unsuppressed it would be a nightmare.

Thanks guys the slr is the one I was looking at anyways so glad to hear positive reviews. Even though I plan on running suppressed eventually I want some plain muzzle breaks. Once I pick between the Gemtech or silencerco then I’ll get quick adapters for everything till then I need something to help with quick follow up shots.

Back