Called in a Charging Boar Last Night

Gman757

Spotted a large sounder too far to stalk.

Started calling with "Sow Hysteria" on e caller.

Boar charged in very fast.

Boar dead.

W1k30L3.jpg

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: SkyPupFoxPro has lots of hog sounds that I have been using.

I have had these for years but they do not seem to work. Called more Hogs with Rabbit sounds than anything else. I am still not convinced it is nothing but curiosity.

Originally Posted By: 6mm06
Nice going Gman. Where do you get the hog sounds?

I am using the Convergent caller and when I called the hog I was running a Glen Guess call...."Sow Hysteria".

I called another hog in the next night in the same field but this one did not charge in as fast. It is a very large field and I did not even know the hog was there until I started the caller and he came up from a behind a terrace in the field.

We let him keep coming until he spotted us at about 75 yards. We were standing behind the truck in bright moonlight so we wanted to see how close he would get. He finally stopped and figured out we were there and broke off at a full run. I spined him at around 125 yards and my hunting buddy held him down and finished him with a knife.

9QHYOZA.jpg

Nice going on the 2nd Hog. Glenn's sounds seem to be working very well. I have had some fairly good luck with my Johnny Stewart Sounds. The majority of my luck has been when I knew "HOGS WERE PRESENT". However I have had it work when I was testing(what I call Blind Calling) an Area.

Originally Posted By: daddyfleaOriginally Posted By: SkyPupFoxPro has lots of hog sounds that I have been using.

I have had these for years but they do not seem to work. Called more Hogs with Rabbit sounds than anything else. I am still not convinced it is nothing but curiosity.

I have had one come into a rabbit sound before also and I had my doubts about calling hogs until this past week. The hard charger came out of a sounder of about 15 hogs that were moving away from me at around 300 yards. He was coming in so fast that at first I thought it was a coyote and he was still running to the caller when I dropped him at 65 yards.

As said in a previous reply the second one came out of nowhere. We didn't even have our guns out of the truck when we spotted him coming in. Luckily he was trotting just slow enough for us to get set up and shoot him.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: TheOldMan1Nice going on the 2nd Hog. Glenn's sounds seem to be working very well. I have had some fairly good luck with my Johnny Stewart Sounds. The majority of my luck has been when I knew "HOGS WERE PRESENT". However I have had it work when I was testing(what I call Blind Calling) an Area.

I am going to try more blind calling now that I have seen that it really does work...... sometimes.

Last edited:
Back