Krakatoa 2 Stand ????

No Off Season

Has anyone made something to set this on? I would like it up off the ground maybe about 16-18". Don't like the idea of it sitting in wetness and so low that I may have reception issues with the remote.

I do not like the idea of carrying a small tripod. So I am thinking of just a piece of 1/4" threaded on one end, bar that could be bent a couple of directions to form a base and then still have an upright that the call could be attached to. It would need to have a quick detach so that it wouldn't be too bulky. Want it to still fit in my turkey vest.
Most of the time it will be used in short to medium height grass in pastures. When in the plains states it can be hung from a yucca or sagebrush without using any stand. Anybody have something like this or a better idea?

I did a little YouTube on the Banshee/CS24 etc. Go to Ace Hardware, get 2 packs of two Crawford Handi Hooks. ($3.99 per pk). Couple of 1/14 by 1/4 bolts with nut or wing nuts. 2-4 flat washers. About 10 bucks and you have your legs. Pm me a number and I'll text pics.

Think I have seen that on the tube. Looks to perform just fine. A little lower than what I'm thinking of. I'd still have to come up with some sort of quick connect because of the bulk. I do not like the idea of hanging it on a carry strap either, as it bumps the rifle. Still spitballing!

Well necessity gave me some ideas to try and this is what I've come up with. Overall length is 37", of course could be any reasonable height. Just wanted it up and over most weeds when needed. Is about the same height as sagebrush or cactus that we'd set a smaller (lighter weight) call on while out west. I tried several different things to give support when placed on the upper prongs. Settled on the wood that is drilled to the 5/16 that the rod is. With the bracket tightened it won't flop with a strong wind. I'm sure it will wear down or open up a little after plenty of use but can be replaced as needed. I tried some nuts with jb weld and even after cleaning up the surfaces couldn't get them to adhere good.
The large call does fit in my turkey vest that I wear and no problem to carry the thin stand. If it was about 10-12 in shorter might consider an attachment to the vest with a Velcro strap.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: 204 ARLooks like that should work well!

It does work really well. Could be just a smidgen shorter but it has an added benefit....I can use it as my spider web catcher as I'm walking in or out. Spiders freak me out, but that's another post !!!

Back