Electric fat bike setup

RandyDB

Purchased this Sondors electric bike in January. Have been using it to get in and out of calling stands that are a 1/4 to 1/2 in from where I park. Was carrying my gun on handle bar mount rack, which I didn't like and everything else in a back pack and slung across my back. My seat wound shift around and get in my way. The gun added weight to the front wheel and was always get in the way when braking and using the LCD screen. Now everything is center of bike and back. Handles much nicer. Mostly flat ground where I call and with the elec assist I can cover a 1/2 mile in under 5 minutes where walking wound take me 10 to 15 mostly fifteen carrying everything on my back.

image.jpg

Last edited:
I can put 20 miles on it still have power. That is about 20 stands the way I use it and that is more stands than I can do in a day. It set it on pedal assist it only uses electric when I put pedal power with it.

I drag them back to the truck just the same as when I use to walk in to the stand. I loop around their nose and both front legs. Drag has 6 loops one in their mouth and over nose another loops both front legs. Can drag three out but three is a load. Think my drag measures close to 6' long, it's tied to rear rack.

Originally Posted By: RandyDBI drag them back to the truck just the same as when I use to walk in to the stand. I loop around their nose and both front legs. Drag has 6 loops one in their mouth and over nose another loops both front legs. Can drag three out but three is a load. Think my drag measures close to 6' long, it's tied to rear rack.

Doesn’t That take the guard hairs off?

We are talking south central KS coyotes here fellows. These coyotes aren't worth much. Keep me in reloading supplies is about all. I've never had trouble breaking guard hair dragging from the front. A lot less damage dragging than when we use to use greyhounds. Lots od needle and thread work then.

Originally Posted By: k9jonesRandy, I bought a quietkat fatkat bike and love mine. I'm in my fifties and this bike is a game changer.

Does your quietkat have any suspension? If so is it any good? I bought a Rambo fat tire bike to demo through my business and while there is a lot I like about it (very quiet, long range, speed), the only suspension on it is the balloon tires. It is very jarring to ride compared to my normal dirt bikes. So much so that I would never strap gear to it for fear that it'd get rattled so much it would break. Was debating swapping it out for something more like the UBCO 2x2 bike that has a least SOME suspension.

K9,
They are that. I looked at the Fatkats, and sometimes wish I had bought on for the extra power, but what I saved on the Sondors I can add up grades. Planning on a larger capacity battery for next season just in case I want to hunt bigger areas.

Weasel
No suspension on the Sondors but I strap my Foxpro on and have never had a problem. I only run 12 psi in the tires though. Sondors does make a front suspend that I could buy but I really don't see a need. My old mountain bike had full suspension which I didn't like on soft ground. I stiffen it to where it had none.

Back