carp problem

CB23

my go to bluegill pond (irrigation pond, roughly 2 acres) now has carp. how in the world do i get rid of them?

i went out with my kayak and a frog gig and got 10 but i know theres lots more. bowfishing would be cool. just dont know if i wanna spend that kind of money

That’s a tough one, if the pond is owned by you. There are chemicals that can kill them by suffocating them, and it only stays in water short time then you restock. But it will also kill every other fish in the pond. You may call a fish pond management company like Jones fish and ask them for advise. They are really nice and biologists that may know a solution.

Once, I hade a Ohio State Police man come down to the stream where I was fishing. He saw me from the road caring a step ladder thru the woods down to the stream. By the time he found me I had just got my ladder set up in the middle of the stream. "What are you doing" he said then he saw my fishing bow. I got up on the ladder and shot a carp and he went on protecting the Highways.
Carp is great for roses and sweet corn, also local cats.

Bowfishing can be doe on the cheap. Paqn shop until you find a 50 to 60pnd. Recurve

Drill the riser and epoxy in the right insert for a hand wind line holder and an arrow. Should be able to do it for about 100bucks.

Last edited:
Back