Corporations doing an end run around the Second Amendment?

Originally Posted By: hm1996
Regards,
hm

"Maybe if all those who thinks the NRA compromises to much were members there would then be enough members that compromise would not be necessary."

This, right here. It wouldn't matter if every gun owner in America joined the NRA. The left will keep pushing, and pushing, and pushing. The NRA will hem-haw around and give up certain rights and budge on certain things until the left starts attacking them by pulling sponsors. The country already knows how many gun owners there are, regardless of only 5 million NRA members. 5 million people don't own over 300 million firearms.

The idea that if I join the NRA my voting habits will have more backing is ludicrous. I'm sure all the gun owners of America vote pro-gun reps now. So why pay money to the NRA? Exactly what are they voting on that I'm not? They're our voice in Washington, but many, many gun owners e-mail reps who aren't NRA members. Not to mention, even with the NRA in place, we still have states trampling rights right now, and sure the NRA is suing them. That should be resolved within maybe 5 years?

Honestly, I'm not joining the NRA. I say get on with it already. If not, it'll be a relentless, never ending B.S. battle that will result in the obvious anyways. History has a way of repeating itself. We're not an exception.

I wish I believed writing a letter made a difference.I write all the time because it makes me feel better.
No one ever reads them.
It's which group has the most power.
Money is power.
Not the way I want it but it's the way it is.
The left is out organizing us.
One man or ten thousand men don't make an army unless they are organized.
Ten thousand letters from ten thousand people has less power than one letter from one man speaking for ten thousand people.

It's always been this way. It's why the American Indian lost out.They could not make one body of the same mind.

Again I don't like it but I know it's the way it works.
I am not out to prove anything. I want to win.

Your individual vote matters little. A letter, email, or phone call to your Congressman means even less. Lobbying money? Yeah, that means something. Politics is a cash game. I can, and do, donate some cash to individual candidates who I believe are worth supporting. But when it comes to lobbying, nobody does it better than the NRA. Sure, they have compromised, and it ticked me off. But you can't argue that they're the 800 pound gorilla of guns rights lobbying on the Hill. Without them I firmly believe that we would have far fewer freedoms than we do. Australia? England? Same basic common law, but no Second Amendment or lobbying group to fight for it. How free are their gunowners?

And to think that you can hide your firearms in this electronic world is simply delusional. No matter what you may have done to conceal your ownership of firearms, THEY know. You've bought a hunting license, or ammo, or camo clothing, or logged onto Predator Masters or Cabela's. Your electronic fingerprints are everyone. Virtually nobody in this country is wholly off the grid. And don't kid yourself, the jack-booted thugs won't come to your house for your guns. They'll declare you mentally incapacitated because you have a firearm. They'll declare your house unsafe. They'll take your kids into custody "for their protection." Want them back? Simple, just hand over your firearms. There is so much to hold over our heads that there's no need to actually come looking for real guns.

If we freedom-loving, law-abiding, honest to goodness Americans don't use every tool at our disposal to deter those who would take our liberties, we're just being stupid. So, is the NRA perfect? Nope. But they're currently what we have, and by golly, I'm a proud supporter, even if they do tick me off sometimes. There are those in this country who would like to see us disarmed and fully at the mercy of the state. Our founders never intended that. Of course, they never intended lifetime politicians and corrupt government officials, but that's the game we have to play. I choose to play for the sake of my and my kids' freedoms.

Originally Posted By: DesertRamYour individual vote matters little. A letter, email, or phone call to your Congressman means even less. Lobbying money? Yeah, that means something. Politics is a cash game. I can, and do, donate some cash to individual candidates who I believe are worth supporting. But when it comes to lobbying, nobody does it better than the NRA. Sure, they have compromised, and it ticked me off. But you can't argue that they're the 800 pound gorilla of guns rights lobbying on the Hill. Without them I firmly believe that we would have far fewer freedoms than we do. Australia? England? Same basic common law, but no Second Amendment or lobbying group to fight for it. How free are their gunowners?

And to think that you can hide your firearms in this electronic world is simply delusional. No matter what you may have done to conceal your ownership of firearms, THEY know. You've bought a hunting license, or ammo, or camo clothing, or logged onto Predator Masters or Cabela's. Your electronic fingerprints are everyone. Virtually nobody in this country is wholly off the grid. And don't kid yourself, the jack-booted thugs won't come to your house for your guns. They'll declare you mentally incapacitated because you have a firearm. They'll declare your house unsafe. They'll take your kids into custody "for their protection." Want them back? Simple, just hand over your firearms. There is so much to hold over our heads that there's no need to actually come looking for real guns.

If we freedom-loving, law-abiding, honest to goodness Americans don't use every tool at our disposal to deter those who would take our liberties, we're just being stupid. So, is the NRA perfect? Nope. But they're currently what we have, and by golly, I'm a proud supporter, even if they do tick me off sometimes. There are those in this country who would like to see us disarmed and fully at the mercy of the state. Our founders never intended that. Of course, they never intended lifetime politicians and corrupt government officials, but that's the game we have to play. I choose to play for the sake of my and my kids' freedoms.

Nailed it, Troy!
35112055543_0e34c7f7ea_o.jpg

Regards,
hm

Originally Posted By: Flesh EaterOriginally Posted By: hm1996
Regards,
hm

"Maybe if all those who thinks the NRA compromises to much were members there would then be enough members that compromise would not be necessary."

This, right here. It wouldn't matter if every gun owner in America joined the NRA. Sorry, just because your opinion differs greatly from another's does not make it a lie.

The left will keep pushing, and pushing, and pushing. The NRA will hem-haw around and give up certain rights and budge on certain things until the left starts attacking them by pulling sponsors. You are absolutely correct; the left has been pushing, pushing, pushing since the 1950's (that's when I first began to oppose them by not only voting, but by contacting my reps AND supporting NRA with my membership and monetary contributions when I was able.)

The country already knows how many gun owners there are, regardless of only 5 million NRA members. 5 million people don't own over 300 million firearms.Yes, sir, the country is aware of that fact; NRA continuously reminds them.
smile.gif

The idea that if I join the NRA my voting habits will have more backing is ludicrous. Yes it would be, had anyone suggested such.I'm sure all the gun owners of America vote pro-gun reps now. So why pay money to the NRA? Exactly what are they voting on that I'm not? They're our voice in Washington, but many, many gun owners e-mail reps who aren't NRA members. No one said that non NRA members do not vote or contact their reps. It simply makes sense that all gun owners can be better informed, and in a timely manner, when they receive NRA-ILA political alerts of pending legislation, both national, state and local. THAT is one of the benefits of NRA membership.

Not to mention, even with the NRA in place, we still have states trampling rights right now,A portion of the money collected by NRA is used to support the 50 different state rifle associations, such as the TSRA (see link below**) and sure the NRA is suing them. That should be resolved within maybe 5 years? So, are you suggesting the NRA should not defend our 2A rights in court? What do you think the opposition would be doing during that five years if not tied up in court? Additionally, NRA wins a number of their cases, in spite of the delay.

Honestly, I'm not joining the NRA. I say get on with it already. If not, it'll be a relentless, never ending B.S. battle that will result in the obvious anyways. History has a way of repeating itself. We're not an exception.

As Paul Harvey used to say, "now for the rest of the story".
http://www.predatormastersforums.com/for...813#Post3145813

Regards,
hm

Originally Posted By: NdIndyI think the belief that you must either be pro or against anything is silly. More so that you must financially support a 3rd party to prove it. I make coolers, I want to sell coolers. I don't care who buys them, as long as they get bought. Ok, give the nra a discount, specifically THIS discount. If not you are against the 2nd amendment!

Ummm, no. I make coolers, I want to sell coolers... Me selling coolers is not a political statement. I personally wouldn't buy one, but because they are seriously overpriced. For all I know half the thi gs in my home are made by companies that either have no stance or an opposing stance on many personal issues. I don't research everything I buy based on their political leanings, I buy what I need to do the job.

I have 3 coolers in my garage, I know 1 is an igloo, one is probably a Coleman UT I'd have to look. In any case I know what I paid for each of them. They were free
laugh.gif
gotta love craigslist!

How dare you make sense!!

DATE: April 20, 2018
TO: USF & NRA Member and Friends
USF Executive Director
NRA Past President

For years YETI Coolers have been a hot item for sportsmen at the Friends of NRA Foundation Banquet and Auction events around the country.

These Foundation events raise money to support youth programs and educational programs nationwide. The youth of America who benefit from these programs are the future hunters, hikers, fishermen/women, bikers, campers, wildlife photographers, mountain climbers, sportsmen/women and conservationists who will protect our natural resources and recreational lands.

Suddenly, without prior notice, YETI has declined to do business with The NRA Foundation saying they no longer wish to be an NRA vendor, and refused to say why. They will only say they will no longer sell products to The NRA Foundation. That certainly isn't sportsmanlike. In fact, YETI should be ashamed. They have declined to continue helping America's young people enjoy outdoor recreational activities. These activities enable them to appreciate America and enjoy our natural resources with wholesome and healthy
outdoor recreational and educational programs.

The NRA Foundation is 501(c)(3) non-profit, charitable organization.

In this day and age, information is power. We thought you needed this information.

Originally Posted By: Flesh EaterOriginally Posted By: hm1996
Regards,
hm

This, right here. It wouldn't matter if every gun owner in America joined the NRA.
Talk about a ludicrous statement!

Originally Posted By: Foxpro.223I know GOA is not going to compromise on a Constitutional right. Compromising is unacceptable and never necessary.

Yes, GOA is a very effective organization, worthy of our support as the 2nd largest pro-gun group in America with 1.5 million members.

Regards,
hm

again, if that's the reason then why doesn't GOA have millions of members instead of the 1.5 or so they do have?

I contend that most just aren't going to bother, period & it really doesn't matter which particular reason they cough up.

I believe the NRA has been around quite a while longer than GOA by about 104 years longer. You would think that in our country with a population between 320,000,000 - 370,000,000 there would be a at least a few more million NRA members and or GOA members.

Originally Posted By: hm1996Originally Posted By: Foxpro.223I know GOA is not going to compromise on a Constitutional right. Compromising is unacceptable and never necessary.

Yes, GOA is a very effective organization, worthy of our support as the 2nd largest pro-gun group in America with 1.5 million members.

Regards,
hm
Agree!

Originally Posted By: Stu Farishagain, if that's the reason then why doesn't GOA have millions of members instead of the 1.5 or so they do have?

I contend that most just aren't going to bother, period & it really doesn't matter which particular reason they cough up.

Exactly!

Yep, that I ain't getting on no membership list take. It don't hold water. If you bought a state fishing or hunting license you made the big list. Stupid ideas.

Originally Posted By: sandy hicksAs for yeti being low on funds, look at the pbr members eating yeti patches at 100k a pop.

Good observation Sandy. PBR, Professional Bull Riders, is owned by WM Endeavor Entertainment LLC., an entertainment industry (Hollywood) corporation. If you look at the list of WM Endeavor's clients you will see that it is a list of who's who among liberal Hollywood celebrities.

WME's motion picture clients represent a mix of filmmakers, actors, writers and directors.

Amy Adams[42]
Ben Affleck [43]
Casey Affleck [42]
Mahershala Ali [44]
Kevin Bacon [42]
Christian Bale[42]
Michael Bay [42]
Peter Berg [42]
Halle Berry [45]
Jessica Biel [46]
Helena Bonham Carter [42]
Dustin Lance Black[47]