Corporations doing an end run around the Second Amendment?

I can't afford Yeti, so I buy RTIC, but it would seem an unwise business decision to alienate hunters. Sounds like they revamped their outdated discount program for a lot of companies. And they offered them a different discount deal, including the NRA. Is it possible that Yeti is in business to make money and have every right to market said product as they see fit?

Not everything is a conspiracy and not everyone needs to be an NRA member to be a 2nd Amendment supporting patriot.

Originally Posted By: littledawg Is it possible that Yeti is in business to make money and have every right to market said product as they see fit?

will that question be on the test?

Yeti dropped several sponsorships, the NRA Foundation was only one of them. None of the others complained tp their members. Was it the 2ND Amendment issue or was it finances.

Yeti is owned by a private equity firm, they did have an IPO public offering in the works, that was retracted last month. Sounds like the competition from Rtic and Walmart's Ozark Mountain products may have some of the air out of their financial balloon.

On the other hand, gun owners have also failed to fully endorse the NRA. With a membership of only 5 million, the NRA only has a small percentage of the gun owners as members. https://www.nraila.org/articles/20170707/remarkable-finding-from-pew-survey
Quote:The real NRA membership of about 5 million falls well short of this measure, even accounting for any statistical error the survey produced.

Pelican is offering a deal now where they will donate $10 to the NRA and give you a free tumbler. Didn't take long for Yetis competitors to try for some of that market share.

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2018/04...nds-of-the-nra/

Sounds like they tried to create a new discount program and the NRA refused to accept.

Again, the NRA isn't the end-all-be-all of 2nd amendment support. They are the give and take sissies we DON'T need making calls for us. Their stance on bump stocks was absolutely stupid, and they know better than anyone that if you give an inch, they'll take a mile. So I don't want to hear any B.S. about appeasing the liberals. If the NRA would quit compromising, they'd have more members. I think the majority of people who aren't signed up yet are at the point of, literally, "Come and take them."

still, if you take all the other groups combined, the total membership isn't even what the NRA has by itself. and a lot of those people are also NRA members.

too many gun owners aren't going to do a damned thing, period.

Originally Posted By: Stu Farishstill, if you take all the other groups combined, the total membership isn't even what the NRA has by itself. and a lot of those people are also NRA members.

Maybe. But I'll guaran-[beeep]-tee they'll never disarm Americans. We'll just have a lot more criminals.

I really don't know that any more. I think there are a lot of paper tigers out there.

I mean, if you're too afraid to be a member of one group or another to fight for your rights, just what should we expect if the [beeep] gets real?

For all the "the NRA gives up too much for me" I hear, where are they? The GOA is exactly what they say they want but they can't get their membership above 1.5 million or so. And again, some of those are also NRA members, so it's not a different 1.5 million.

So where are they?

Originally Posted By: Stu FarishI really don't know that any more. I think there are a lot of paper tigers out there.

I mean, if you're too afraid to be a member of one group or another to fight for your rights, just what should we expect if the [beeep] gets real?

For all the "the NRA gives up too much for me" I hear, where are they? The GOA is exactly what they say they want but they can't get their membership above 1.5 million or so. And again, some of those are also NRA members, so it's not a different 1.5 million.

So where are they?

Too afraid to be a member of a group? That's a new one. I don't think there is any fear with joining these groups. For me, if I'm handing over my money, I expect there to be no giving in to crybaby groups, which is precisely what the NRA has done, and will continue to do, to appease the pushers. If you want my money, then stop giving in. Period.

I don't think you see 300 million NRA members, because most gun owners agree...come and take them. I don't know where you live, but these hillbillies here aren't giving up their guns. Not to mention probably less than 15% of them are actually registered.

Originally Posted By: Stu Farishstill, if you take all the other groups combined, the total membership isn't even what the NRA has by itself. and a lot of those people are also NRA members.

And on that note, just how many of those who choose not to join NRA because "they do not do this or they do that" agree 100% with any organization? I don't! Not even my church, but it is far better to pitch in and try to change an organization with which I agree 90% of the time, from the inside, than to stand outside and throw rocks.

Can't help but wonder what could be accomplished if that 80% (WAG) of gun owning non-NRA members were to pitch in and help, rather than stand on the sidelines and complain that the NRA is not doing enough? Just thinking out loud.

Regards,
hm

Maybe if all those who thinks the NRA compromises to much were members there would then be enough members that compromise would not be necessary.
At this point I do not plan to give up my property but I am an old man with a lot of my life lived.
I wonder if the come and take them folks are fully aware of what that commitment entails and if they really will stand alone in their front yard and not give an inch. It will not be romantic and there will not be a cheering crowd. Odds are each will be alone.
If it comes to that I doubt we will be getting a letter saying what day and time they will be there.
Those who would take our rights are not stupid.

No. It would be much better to win this battle in congress and court.For that it takes numbers.

I think the belief that you must either be pro or against anything is silly. More so that you must financially support a 3rd party to prove it. I make coolers, I want to sell coolers. I don't care who buys them, as long as they get bought. Ok, give the nra a discount, specifically THIS discount. If not you are against the 2nd amendment!

Ummm, no. I make coolers, I want to sell coolers... Me selling coolers is not a political statement. I personally wouldn't buy one, but because they are seriously overpriced. For all I know half the thi gs in my home are made by companies that either have no stance or an opposing stance on many personal issues. I don't research everything I buy based on their political leanings, I buy what I need to do the job.

I have 3 coolers in my garage, I know 1 is an igloo, one is probably a Coleman UT I'd have to look. In any case I know what I paid for each of them. They were free
laugh.gif
gotta love craigslist!

Originally Posted By: tnshootistMaybe if all those who thinks the NRA compromises to much were members there would then be enough members that compromise would not be necessary.
At this point I do not plan to give up my property but I am an old man with a lot of my life lived.
I wonder if the come and take them folks are fully aware of what that commitment entails and if they really will stand alone in their front yard and not give an inch. It will not be romantic and there will not be a cheering crowd. Odds are each will be alone.
If it comes to that I doubt we will be getting a letter saying what day and time they will be there.

No. It would be much better to win this battle in congress and court.For that it takes numbers.

None of that is true, at all. The NRA reached out to the biggest YouTubers promoting the 2nd amendment and/or guns, and asked them to join. Many did. However, some of them left shortly after, tired of the pandering to the left, letting them slowly chip away the 2nd amendment. If someone who makes almost $1 million a year doing YouTube videos doesn't have enough to pull to keep them from pulling their stupid B.S., then what is one member who paid up, and writes letters, going to change? Nothing. It's no different than politics. I vote accordingly. If that representative turns on me, the voter, all I can do is not vote again. It doesn't mean I'll win. But it's all I got.

If you think Americans will give up their guns to people who will come and get them, you're sadly mistaken. There might be a large run on 10" plastic pipe and pipe caps, but there won't be confiscation. When the time comes, I'm sure the caches will be unearthed, and liberty defended. Throughout the entire scope of human history there have been countless civil wars fought. Thinking it won't happen again is simply asinine.

Originally Posted By: Flesh EaterOriginally Posted By: tnshootistMaybe if all those who thinks the NRA compromises to much were members there would then be enough members that compromise would not be necessary.

None of that is true, at all. Excuse me, but would you be so kind as to point out any untruths in the above statement?The NRA reached out to the biggest YouTubers promoting the 2nd amendment and/or guns, and asked them to join. Many did. However, some of them left shortly after, tired of the pandering to the left, letting them slowly chip away the 2nd amendment. If someone who makes almost $1 million a year doing YouTube videos doesn't have enough to pull to keep them from pulling their stupid B.S., then what is one member who paid up, and writes letters, going to change? Nothing. It's no different than politics. I vote accordingly. If that representative turns on me, the voter, all I can do is not vote again. It doesn't mean I'll win. But it's all I got. And you don't think the 5 million "paid up" NRA members vote as well? Doesn't it seem like voting plus a united front is preferable to just voting?

Regards,
hm

Back