Johnny Stewart MS-512 Battery Options

d2admin

Administrator
A friend has an older Johnny Stewart MS-512 cassette caller with a worn out battery, and was looking for a replacement.

Is it better to contact HS Precision? or maybe seek out another source for the most economical fix?

I went to batteries plus and they made my pack while I waited. Works well. Might want to see if you have any in the area.

The originals are two 6v batteries wired in series for a total of 12 volts.

Measure the dimensions of the existing pair and search the net for a 12 volt battery of similar (or smaller) dimensions.
By memory - so double check - the battery pair is 5.5"x4"x2 with about an additional 0.25" required on the 2" dimension for the terminals. Be sure and specify the right terminal size when ordering - there are two common sizes of spade lugs available on batteries of this size.

You should have no problem finding a 12v battery with a higher amp-hour rating that will fit in the same physical location.

This is a much better battery solution than the series combination in the long run. Think of what happens when you put a dead battery in a multi-cell flashlight - it doesn't matter how good the other(s) are - that one dead one kills the whole shootin match.

i am in need of replacement battieries for my johnny stewert game caller MS-512 12v any suggestions are welcome thank you in advance

Back