Big Dog Down

Pa. Mick

Big Dog Down
42.71 lb. male / 12:30am 243/ 62gr. HP
My biggest yet ! Guess he didn't like me in his territory !

Thats a big boy
thumbup.gif

That's a big one. Congratulations.
BTW, what were you doing up at 12:30am? Us old guys are supposed to be in bed way before then.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: BoommeupWhat brand of bullet Mick? Doesn't seem to torn up! Nice shot on a big yote.

I load Barnes 6mm/243 varmint grenades. Just like many bullets. Sometimes there's no damage, sometimes there is,lol. I just don't like looking for them, 243 usually drops them.

Originally Posted By: 1trkyhntrThat's a big one. Congratulations.
BTW, what were you doing up at 12:30am? Us old guys are supposed to be in bed way before then.

I just couldn't sleep that night, lol. I usually have those kind of nights when there is little wind
w00t.gif

way to go mick, that's a beauty, what sounds were you using or are they secret, i promise I won't tell a soul. good for you bud
don

Grats Mick--------------Nice yote--you beat me My largest one was 42 even. U.P. of Mi--Thanks for sharing-------svb

Yeah buddy, I am starting to take a liking to the 243. Seems like a cartridge that has more than enough pretty much all the time..

Originally Posted By: 6mm06
Yep, that is a big coyote for sure. Nice going.

Is your 788 a 6mm Rem?

It is a 243 WIN.

Originally Posted By: Night EyesNice looking dog Mick!

How long do you stay after them? Do you hunt all summer?

Glad to see you are wearing gloves.

Yes I do hunt them all year. I can choose which days to go ( nice weather conditions ) Constantly learning from them. Have found them to be a formidable opponent, not any easier during nice weather.

Yes I wear gloves, I'm a Lymes Disease survivor. Predators always carry ticks ! Was trapping & putting up furs in 2004 when I became very sick & chronic pain. Truly thought I was going to die. Many deer ticks in the Erie area.

Nice coat but hair is pulling. Fur season is over. Predator control mode. I finally put one on the ground for these folks, have been trying there off & on for about four years.

Back