Rifle Recomendation for hunting Suppressed

Originally Posted By: daddyfleaI am seeing more and more of these posts where people are having trouble with Rifles especially 308 functioning with a Suppressor. If you have an Silencerco Omega or plan to buy one watch this video.

would you please post a link, for some reason my phone does not support that player software

Last edited:
That looks very heavy for a scouting rig. Think I will stay with a bolt action in .308 and may pick up a Ruger Gun Scout for walking when I decide that I want to use something other than my AR 15 in 6.8.

However, Good information for the suppressed AR 10 guys with the Omega.

Originally Posted By: TXCOONDOGThat looks very heavy for a scouting rig. Think I will stay with a bolt action in .308 and may pick up a Ruger Gun Scout for walking when I decide that I want to use something other than my AR 15 in 6.8.

However, Good information for the suppressed AR 10 guys with the Omega.

You are correct it is heavy but most of our Hunting is done from a Vehicle. Only walking when we stalk for the shots. Sad thing is this Rifle is only One Pound heavier than the standard AR 15 weighing weighing about 7 lbs 5 oz. My weight using Fishing Scales. By adding the Suppressor, Thermal, and Mag we are getting right at 13 lbs 12oz. No way around that. I took this weight using my fishing scales. POF states standard AR at 6.3, Revolution 308 at 7.1 and the Edge at 8.1.

I wanted to add this. This is a picture of the Bleed Hole used in the Gas Plug of the POF. Notice at the Left are the Holes used to adjust the Gas. The Hole used is the smallest Hole on the Suppressed Setting. A lot of Suppressors work using this setting with no Bleed Hole. The Bleed Hole is the Right Hole in the Picture and it is larger than the Gas Port Hole. This Bleed Hole was drilled by POF in order to make the POF function with the Omega Suppressor. You are also correct in that this Hole is larger than the Port Hole. Scott Martin at POF told me this Hole does not Bleed the other settings on the Plug. I would have took a picture of an unmodified plug but I ordered a standard unmodified Plug so I could cover anything I shoot but I have not received it yet. Yes the Silencerco Omega Suppressor creates this much Back Pressure.

2n6stiw.jpg

Last edited:
Back