Yeti
Austin Based Company
Write a Letter
Make a Call
Not the Only Game in Town!

Executive Director
United Sportsmen of Florida
NRA Past President

For years YETI Coolers have been a hot item for sportsmen at the Friends of NRA Foundation Banquet and Auction events around the country.

These Foundation events raise money to support youth programs and educational programs nationwide. The youth of America who benefit from these programs are the future hunters, hikers, fishermen/women, bikers, campers, wildlife photographers, mountain climbers, sportsmen/women and conservationists who will protect our natural resources and recreational lands.

Suddenly, without prior notice, YETI has declined to do business with The NRA Foundation saying they no longer wish to be an NRA vendor, and refused to say why.
They will only say they will no longer sell products to
The NRA Foundation.
That certainly isn't sportsmanlike. In fact, YETI should be ashamed. They have declined to continue helping America's young people enjoy outdoor recreational activities. These activities enable them to appreciate America and enjoy our natural resources with wholesome and healthy
outdoor recreational and educational programs.

The NRA Foundation is 501(c)(3) non-profit, charitable organization.

In this day and age, information is power. We thought you needed this information.

CONTACT YETI CORPORATE OFFICE

Yeti Corporate Office
7601 Southwest Parkway
Austin, TX 78735

1-512-394-9384

Remember TSRA aggressively supports 4-H Shooting Sports, a part of Agri-life, serving all 254 Texas counties as requested. Half the net profits from the TSRA license plate goes directly to this program involving over 8,000 Texas youth plus parents, coaches, and staff . The other half goes to continuing scholarships at A&M.

Member funding and involvement also serves and supports ROTC, Hunter Education and other youth safety and competitive shooting programs across our state and across the country.
Are you mad yet? Write a letter and make a call! Yeti is not the only game in town!
Keep the faith.

Sincerely,
Alice Tripp
Legislative Director
Texas State Rifle Association-PAC

If you are unintentionally dropped from this email alert list, you can add yourself back by going to www.tsrapac.com. The link is at the top of the page.
If unsubscribed, only YOU can added your name back to the list!
The Texas State Rifle Association was founded in 1919 . We thank our 37,000 members in Texas and around the country for their continued support.
www.tsra.com and www.tsrapac.com

TSRA

Join, Upgrade, Or Renew Your TSRA Membership TODAY

Founded in 1919

Commitment Statement:
The Fewest Restrictions For
Law-Abiding Texas
Gun Owners

Last edited:
I sent this to the PBR since yeti is a sponsor. I think all the outdoor tv shows that are sponsored by yeti should tell them to go pound sand also.

Will probably get no response to my email to Yeti, but hope they get a lot more letters. There was a link in the TSRA bulletin posted above that I will make a hot link in case anyone wishes to respond.

ETA: Thank you, Lance!

Quote:I have spent the last 24 years working with FONRA as Chairman, Co-Chairman and member of the Cameron County Friends of NRA in south Texas. Our committee has provided Eddie Eagle gun safety training to thousands of local students annually, grants to Boy Scouts of America, sponsored youngsters to nationally acclaimed summer camps, and provided equipment, training and range development grants to area law enforcement groups through FONRA grants just to mention a few. We are just one of thousands of such committees nationwide.

It is inconceivable to me that your company is willing to alienate one of the largest segments of your customer base (hunters, campers, outdoors folks) while depriving millions of youngsters of the benefits derived from the thousands (if not millions) of dollars’ worth of firearms safety training provided by hard working FONRA committees nationwide.

Words cannot convey my disappointment in such a short sighted decision by a Texas based Corporation.

Signed

Regards,
hm

Last edited:
I suspect lots of hunters will cut their ties to Yeti as well. I always thought they were an overpriced Yuppie cooler anyway.

Yeti's feeble excuse as to their actions can be read in full at NRA_ILA . It would appear that their anti-gun views have been manifested in other areas as well. As Paul Harvey used to say, "and the rest of the story":

Quote:
Texas State Rifle Association PAC

Dear TSRA Members, Family, and Friends:

If you contacted Yeti, thank you! NRA did a national alert and the resulting impact caused Yeti to issue some rather creative damage control. I can promise you, regardless of the Yeti response, there was no mistake and no misunderstanding.

Read about the Yeti company store at the link below.

Thought you might be also interested in this LINK .

Mostly. I'm emailing because we need to remind you to look over the TSRA PAC run-off election voter's guide. In addition you want to check NRA-PVF for any federal candidates in your area who have a run off. See the links below.

Don't forget your local candidates!
Primary Election Run Off
Go to this link for names and dates!

Remember You must go to NRA
for federal candidates

TSRA-PAC can only provide information on
state candidates.

Thank you for upgrading and renewing your membership and thank you for donations to TSRA.com and to TSRAPAC.com

See you in Dallas at the NRA Annual Meeting. We have a booth in the exhibit hall. Come see us at booth #121.
Keep the faith and vote!

Sincerely,
Alice Tripp
Legislative Director
Texas State Rifle Association-PAC

Join, Upgrade, Or Renew Your TSRA Membership TODAY

Founded in 1919

Commitment
Statement:
The Fewest Restrictions For
Law-Abiding Texas
Gun Owners

Regards,
hm

Last edited:
Quote:
NRA ILA
APPEARS IN News
ALERT ! YETI Adds Insult to Injury

Tuesday, April 24, 2018
Support NRA-ILA

If it wasn’t bad enough that YETI dropped The NRA Foundation as a client, now they’re calling us liars because we informed our members and friends of their actions.

The NRA Foundation has over 1,100 “Friends of NRA Committees” around the country. These committees host banquets and auctions that are attended by hundreds of thousands of guests each year. These events raise funds to support charitable causes and programs. The NRA Foundation supports the needs of youth programs for education, safety and training, as well as law enforcement needs, shooting ranges and conservation programs.

For many years we have purchased coolers from YETI for our auctions. We have auctioned off many thousands of YETI coolers each year. YETI recently dropped The NRA Foundation as a client. Not only would they not take our orders for more coolers, they forced us to cancel orders already in the system that they said they would not fill.

Three days after we notified you of YETI’s decision to drop The NRA Foundation, YETI issued their prepared statement in which they admit they dropped us but claim they simply eliminated the discount program and dropped other (unnamed) organizations as well. That’s news to us.

Perhaps the people writing YETI’s damage control statements are not talking to the people who enforced YETI’s decisions and refused our orders. We had even offered the YETI Roadie in one of our sponsorship levels for 2018 – which we’ve had to cancel.

We told you the truth.

YETI’s attempts at damage control is to say our statement is not accurate. Shame on you again YETI. You know you made a mistake. A big one. Now you must live with your mistake.

https://www.nraila.org/articles/20180424/alert-yeti-adds-insult-to-injury

Regards,
hm

Originally Posted By: reloader326I hope to see Uncle Ted dump a 30 round mag into a Yeti Cooler, on full auto!
Ted, if you are out there, DO IT!!

i will furnish the ammo.
thumbup.gif

Got my Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation renewal this week. Had a big "Yeti Cooler" give away on the envelope. Threw the renewal in the trash and called them and told them I won't renew due to Yetis action toward the NRA. They seemed shocked

WTG, Shane. Yeti (and others) may have poked a wasp nest.
Couldn't help but notice they had a grand opening of a new Dicks SG store in S. Tx. last week and advertised Yeti cooler as a door prize. Circling their wagons, maybe?

Regards,
hm

Clarence, thank you for your encouragement. I just fired off an email to Yeti telling them of my feelings, to include they "should move their liberal azzez to California, and not shame the State of Texas with their address!"
Hope I wasn't to grey in my feelings!????

Then got madder and joined the Tx State Rifle Assc with the money I would have used on a RMEF membership.
My guess is WY is not on their list of places to move to either. Not sure about the nest, but this hornet is fuming!

Back