I GET FREAKING SHOT!!! (My 2017 Archery Elk Season Recap)

hm1996

Staff member
Youtube video, a good reminder to be careful out there!

ETA: FYI Only. Not my video....found on Youtube. Unreal!

Regards,
hm

Last edited:
HOLY CRAP! First of all, hope you heal up and that all will be ok,
count your blessings, you were lucky that you are still here to talk about this.
Things happen, but how on the earth could someone mistake a man for an elk, especially at close range using a bow!
Here in Pa guys get shot more during turkey season than any other season, hunters hear turkey sounds and shoot at where the sound is coming from! First of all it must be a bearded bird in the spring, so without actually seeing the bird why would you even attempt to shoot it, unfortunately it may end up being a guy who is calling who gets shot. There may be instances where it is an accident due to circumstances, but IMO anyone that shoots at the sound of a turkey, and ends up shooting a hunter instead, should never be allowed to hunt again period!
Hopefully you will be back to 100% shortly, wishing you all the best.

That is terrible. Must hunters harp up and down about making fast ethical kills when hunting, but it is all relevant based on our perceptions of rules and the challenges of hunting. Being inflicted with a mortal wound by a bow would be a horrible way to go. If I had to choose between taking a fatal shot to chest with a FMJ or an arrow, I would choose the FMJ. Getting hit with an arrow is like having your throat cut, your going to die by bleeding out or you are going to drown from your own blood filling up your lungs. Speed kills, I would rather go out quick while still standing.

"Fair chase" is at times more painful on our quarry and FMJ are "unethical"... so we are told

Back