Browning Maxus Wicked Wing Opinions?

greengt88

Have an oppritunity to pick up a new Wicked Wing 3.5" 28" here locally in a trade deal, wondering if its as good as it supposed to be and what a good price for it would be? i know they are very expensive.
thx in advance

I have a 26" Maxus, 3.5" shotgun, in Mossy Oak Duck Blind. Mine has been excellent, reliability wise. I use it with 3.5" turkey loads, 3" duck loads, and 2.75" target loads, and have no cycling issues. My trap gun is a Citori White Lightning, but I always pack the Maxus, for rainy nights on the trap range. I load 4 dummy weights, in the magazine, and hit the magazine cutoff for trap nights, to heavy up the gun, as it is pretty light for the clays game, but it cycles the light trap loads well. I like my Maxus a lot.

I also shoot a Browning Gold 10ga, for turkey and ducks, but these days I haul it less, and carry the Maxus more. Especially for turkeys. I don't see much advantage on the pattern board, with my home rolled 10 ga. loads versus Winchesters XR Longbeard loads in 3.5" 12 ga. So I drop a few pounds of gun, by going to the Maxus.

Squeeze

I traded for the Maxus Wicked Wing this morning
smile.gif

You'll love it. My buddy has a Maxus and that thing is a treat to shoot. From light trap loads to 3.5" goose loads, it's handled everything he's put in it. Now if he could just shoot something lol. That's not the gun's fault though.

Back