Night Goggles Reviews, is their customer service really that good???

kickerz24

I have not posted much but I have spent the past 6 months researching this forum prior to my night vision and thermal purchase. Truth be told at first I questioned all the extremely positive feedback on a couple vendors especially since they are site sponsors. I then started noticing these same vendors would even comment and provide useful advice to people in post knowing that person wasn’t going to buy from them, but they still took the time to help. Due to this and all the buyers guides and videos they have taken the time to create I decided to give them a try. Unfortunately once I finally decided on a XP50 I had to have it yesterday and Night Goggles did not have any in stock so I went with the first place that had them in stock. I was interested in a tripod and the night stalker and reaper grip looked to be the best choice especially since the tripod was cheaper than some of the other options. On the tripod, the design and quality of materials used were excellent and it is extremely light. Every adjustment tightens with ease and actually stays in place. As for the reaper grip, it’s a little heavier than I expected, but that’s only because its built like a tank. Over engineered and thick steel is a good way to explain it, it will definitely take more abuse than I will put it thru. This was impressive especially since I am so use to ordering what is advertised to be an excellent product and in reality is a piece of junk built with the cheapest plastic and glue china has to offer.

Now to get to my point of this post. As with any product produced, sometimes you get a defected one, the cost to include enough quality control processes to ensure 100% of every feature is 100% perfect would price the item out of the market. The mount slots on the reaper bracket happened to be undersized, and the clamp on my tripod tightened all the way would lock the mount in place. I sent a quick email to Tom at Night Goggles and figured like any other business, I may receive a reply in a week or two and will have the hassle of trying to explain why this is a defect to someone who has never even seen the product. I sent a mail at 9:15 am EST explaining my problem. Expecting to receive an email reply if I was lucky, I was surprised at 10:40am (7:40am in California) when I received an actual phone call from Tom who already identified my problem, apologized for the issues, explained the reason, and that he would start working immediately to correct it. It turns out the Reaper grip supplier has a batch get out that were machined to a smaller specification. I’m sure this machine is used to machine many different parts and the machinist just used the incorrect set up for this batch.

At 11:13am I received an email from the reaper grip manufacture confirming they are aware of the issue and they will have a replacement head sent to me in 2 weeks (machine shop lead time). They also offered a few temporary fixes in case I needed to use it while waiting for my replacement.

Talk about a fast response, this is amazing customer service, I am now a believer in all the positive reviews posted about TNVC and Night Goggles. Next time Optics P, a random seller on faceBook, or some other bargain site has an item on sale for $0.99 cheaper, remember this example.

Originally Posted By: kickerz24 Next time Optics P, a random seller on faceBook, or some other bargain site has an item on sale for $0.99 cheaper, remember this example.

Great post, and I agree 100%. You get what you pay for, especially when it comes to service, regarding experience with product.

Tom helped with my decision to buy the Night Stalker tripod and stood behind it when I had an issue. I managed to break one of the stops on the cast yoke setting up in heavy crusted over deep snow as the legs splayed out as I was setting up. This was my fault and looking back I should have known better and is easily avoidable in the future. After an email to Tom a replacement part was issued. I want to thank Tom and Night Goggles for standing behind their product.

I am glad to hear all the positive responses for Night Goggles, so far my experience is placing an order and receiving an auto receipt reply and that's it, My card has been charged and I cannot get anyone to return an email or phone call. I have yet to receive any other correspondence with night goggles. Maybe it's just an oversight or some other issue beyond their control but not returning an email or phone call in a timely manner is not acceptable to me... especially after my card has been charged...This is just my experience so far with Night Goggles I hope your is better...Maybe I am asking too much?

My sincerest apologies, shoresg. My wife and I are on vacation, presently. Our first vacation without the kids in TOO LONG!
crazy.gif
I’ve sent you a PM to address your concerns. Drop your cell number in a PM back to me and I’ll call you ASAP. Thanks!

Originally Posted By: shoresgI am glad to hear all the positive responses for Night Goggles, so far my experience is placing an order and receiving an auto receipt reply and that's it, My card has been charged and I cannot get anyone to return an email or phone call. I have yet to receive any other correspondence with night goggles. Maybe it's just an oversight or some other issue beyond their control but not returning an email or phone call in a timely manner is not acceptable to me... especially after my card has been charged...This is just my experience so far with Night Goggles I hope your is better...Maybe I am asking too much?

I'm the man at the helm and I'll take the blame. Tom cannot do it all and I also answer all the phones and missed this. My apologies Sir and I can also PM you with my cell if you want it.

FYI I got nothing with phone calls or email either but I have gotten immediate responses to messages here.

Also make SURE you evaluate your tripod/head within 7 days of delivery. If you don't like it and would like a refund you only have a week to request a return although it says 15 days on the website.

Hey shoresg. I went back through my emails and I replied to your email on Feb 26th at 8:03 A.M.
It probably ended up in your SPAM folder somehow. I hate that. Happens to me from time to time. No worries!
Anyhow, I also sent you a PM as well. Just FYI. Thanks.

Originally Posted By: P&YFYI I got nothing with phone calls or email either but I have gotten immediate responses to messages here.

Also make SURE you evaluate your tripod/head within 7 days of delivery. If you don't like it and would like a refund you only have a week to request a return although it says 15 days on the website.

Hi P&Y. You’re correct, the website does say 15 days but it’s clearly stated that it’s “15 days from date of purchase”. Since these tripods have extended lead times, most customers don’t even receive them within 15 days of the purchase date so we decided to give customers a grace period of 7 days from receipt of the product in addition. That gives you a full week to inspect the products to make sure everything is satisfactory to you. The tripod is also covered under warranty for an entire year so if your ballhead (or anything else) is faulty, we’ll repair or replace the faulty part at no charge to you. As is the case with tripods, the parts also have a lead time so you may have to wait until we have parts in stock but if we’ve been notified of the situation, your part(s) will ship as soon as they’re available. Hope this clears up any questions or concerns. Feel free to reach out to me anytime. Thanks!

Originally Posted By: NGI_TOMHey shoresg. I went back through my emails and I replied to your email on Feb 26th at 8:03 A.M.
It probably ended up in your SPAM folder somehow. I hate that. Happens to me from time to time. No worries!
Anyhow, I also sent you a PM as well. Just FYI. Thanks.

You are correct, I received the email and it was in the spam folder. I have never checked the spam folder before, I guess I need to start. My apologies for that oversight.

Back