Favorite Lowers

Originally Posted By: crapshootFor the price and stock features, my vote goes to NFA billet lowers.

Those look like nice lowers. I bet Aero got some of their ideas for their gen 2 lower from those NFA lowers, they seem to have the same features.

Originally Posted By: varminter .223I can't find anything wrong with my $40 Anderson's. Same here. Have 5 of them without any problems. Have some smiths and colts without any problems either. I run BCM uppers though. They seem to fit the barrel extension tighter than most uppers.

Last edited:
I think it's pretty hard to get skunked by just about any lower. But I do like some of the new non milspec features. This gun is starting to be a pretty old design and it should and has been improved upon, for the right price of course.

Ar15 stripped lowers are all pretty much the same. Anderson has my vote because they are the cheapest and work just as well as others. I like Aeros too because they have a little darker finish than the Anderson. If you don't want to build a lower PSA is pretty good for the money. I'd just recommend replacing the trigger.

joebob's has stripped carbon fiber lowers on sale now, $34.95 each for qty 2

I'm thinking those would make nice rifles.

Originally Posted By: Stu Farishjoebob's has stripped carbon fiber lowers on sale now, $34.95 each for qty 2

I saw that today too. Was wondering if they truly were carbon fiber. My guess is they are just polymer.

Guess I just answered my own question.

Quote:LW-4 Stripped Carbon Fiber Lower Receiver

Manufacturer: New Frontier Armory

Model: LW-4

The New Frontier Armory LW-4 carbon-fiber-reinforced polymer lower is the strongest polymer based lower receiver ever made. It is manufactured with the highest and most advanced carbon fiber construction on the market. This will be the perfect lower for your AR-15 build to make it extremely light and incredibly durable. We have a lifetime warranty on our lowers to back that up.

Extremely durable with carbon-fiber-reinforced polymer construction
Accepts all MIL-SPEC and standard AR-15 parts and upper receivers
Lifetime warranty on all our lowers
Less than half the weight of an aluminum lower
Weighs only 3.65 ounces

Last edited:
lol. sorry.

i am still using one of the original plum crazy poly lowers. hmmm, wonder if it has carbon fiber reinforcing.
tongue_smilie.gif

Originally Posted By: crapshootOriginally Posted By: Stu Farishjoebob's has stripped carbon fiber lowers on sale now, $34.95 each for qty 2

I saw that today too. Was wondering if they truly were carbon fiber. My guess is they are just polymer.

Guess I just answered my own question.

Quote:LW-4 Stripped Carbon Fiber Lower Receiver

Manufacturer: New Frontier Armory

Model: LW-4

The New Frontier Armory LW-4 carbon-fiber-reinforced polymer lower is the strongest polymer based lower receiver ever made. It is manufactured with the highest and most advanced carbon fiber construction on the market. This will be the perfect lower for your AR-15 build to make it extremely light and incredibly durable. We have a lifetime warranty on our lowers to back that up.

Extremely durable with carbon-fiber-reinforced polymer construction
Accepts all MIL-SPEC and standard AR-15 parts and upper receivers
Lifetime warranty on all our lowers
Less than half the weight of an aluminum lower
Weighs only 3.65 ounces

Got 2 on the way. We'll see how they do.

I have an Aero and Anderson. Both are great. Only think I can think of is the safety on the Anderson won't lock at 90* unless I work it a bit, but that can easily be due to my install.

Originally Posted By: BoomstickI have an Aero and Anderson. Both are great. Only think I can think of is the safety on the Anderson won't lock at 90* unless I work it a bit, but that can easily be due to my install.

My guess would be the safety lever or the detent.

I have built several ar's with aero's. cant beat them for the cost. they are my go to lower now. I previously built one with a very expensive milled lower. the only way I could see it was any better than the areo was that it looks cooler. brownells has the areo's on sale now. the new ones even come with the enlarged trigger guard as part of the lower and a screw for the bolt release instead of a roll pin.
https://www.brownells.com/rifle-parts/re....aspx?rrec=true

Back