Deleted my facebook and messenger today

tunered

After i learned fb told bell and carlson that they couldnt post gun stocks anymore. If you still have fb you can go there and see what fb told them.

I noticed Facebook removed an NRA Life Member post today. Excellent video of a man confronting his city council about a proposed new gun law. Watched it once and was going to watch it again but it was gone. I'd like to delete Facebook but unfortunately it's the only way I can keep up with some family members.

There are these things called a phone and email. Life doesn't revolve around fb. People I truly care about and vice versa make the time to use one or the other.

Face what? Have never even looked at that site. Not even once. Well, tried to once, years ago, but it said I had to register, so I left. That was my total lifetime experience with the site.

Don't feel like I have missed anything. In fact, just based on what I have heard over the years, I'm dang glad I've stayed away from it.

- DAA

I need to amend this post. The more i learn about this incedent. This is for paying customers that fb says they wont allow you to advertize or promote anything about guns knives.

Originally Posted By: crapshootThere are these things called a phone and email. Life doesn't revolve around fb. People I truly care about and vice versa make the time to use one or the other.
It's great that you and yours have time to do that. I work 2 jobs plus volunteer at the church when I can. During the week I see my wife about an hour a day. Weekends are spent catching up on stuff I haven't had time to do all week. Yes, I get short breaks at work to scan a few websites but that's about it. I know you're a long time and respected member here but you need to take step back and realize not everyone is in the same situation as you. Talking down to people that don't meet your standards is unbecoming and not helpful. We all do what we can and encouraging people will win you a lot more friends.

deletion of our Facebook accounts is exactly what the left wants conservative to do.

if they cant kill our voice, they'll do what they can to get us to silence ourselves.

and like many folks, until such a time as a platform comes along where i can keep up with my extended family, i'll continue to be a member there. I didnt join facebook because it was an amazing place to be... i joined because it gave me a firmer connection to my family who i care about. why should i let them take that away from me.

when you leave, you give up your voice on their platform = the left wins. Lets show them that WE can takeover one of THEIR Platforms and be damned what they think.

if you want to hurt them- dont click on ads. block/hide every one of them you see that shows up in your feed. Make your profile private, turn off any data collection options you can (in the FB app, etc). Mess with their algorithms by clicking on articles that dont fit who you are - even if you dont read them. Like posts from any/every right leaning sites you follow - even if its not an amazing article - just to cause grief with said algorithms. Click on the settings for the sites that you do want to see info from and change the page feed settings from "default" to "always see first". There's lots of little things you can do to hink up the machine - and if enough of us do it, it'll really screw things up.

they can only collect what you allow them to (up to a point). Otherwise you get "generic" advertising, which is a safe assumption that they make WAY less $$ on than specific targeted ads. Dont participate in the stupid "surveys" that your friends do, etc. There's lots of ways you can keep your info (mostly) private. You just have to be willing to step up and do some stuff other than clicking the "i accept" button without thinking about it first.

I am not a tech guy but I don't know how anyone knows for sure what "they" can do or collect with a devise.
I deleted my FB. Got a text from FB that said all my data will be deleted with in 14 days.

How will I know that. How do I know how many places my data is stored. Can I trust them? I doubt it but they don't have anything that can't be found in the phone book and what they do have might not be correct.

In my experience any time a person writes something down even if on paper it or a copy may turn up down the road.

I mostly deleted my account because I was feeling I surely had better things to do,and it was not much use to me.For those that benefit from it I am glad it is there.

I would encourage users of any media to not post pictures of their kids or give the world their schedule. I know we are proud of them but predators have FB too.

I don't want to give up this site however.
I really do enjoy reading the opinions of different folks from different areas of this grand country.

Never even looked at FaceBook...................so I could care less what they do! Don't even understand putting everything about yourself, down to how many sheets of toilet paper you use to wipe with on the Internet for everyone to see. Plain stupid, if you ask me. I've even lost friends because I refused to get on it. I just never understood the attraction. FaceBook could fold and close shop tomorrow and I wouldn't give a darn.

Back