Hammerjack vs. Banshee

I'm going to get a new e-caller and can't decide if I want the Hammerjack or the Banshee. I hunt a lot of thick forested hollows but I need it to be pretty loud so they can hear it in the next hollow if need be. From ridge to ridge could be anywhere from 300 to 600 or even more yards. How much louder is the Banshee than the Hammerjack? Or would it be better to get the Hammerjack and eventually extra speaker? I'm pretty much stuck at that price range so getting one with the TX1000 remote is out of the question. I use to have a wildfire 2 and besides the remote being horrible it wasn't quite loud enough. Thanks for any thoughts or inputs.

I like the banshee. Very loud and very clear. The newer remotes are really an upgrade from the older stuff. I’m sure either way you would be happy but the banshee gets my vote just because I’m such a fan of the cs24c.

Happy with the Banshee, but do wish it had the latest remote. Should you go that route, let me know and I will point you in the direction for some legs for that unit.

Thanks. I was looking at the Lucky Duck revolt. I seen people on here talking about it and saying how good it was but every website says sold out. Is the Banshee remote better than the wildfire 2 remote? I ended up sending it back because I couldn't read it but the remote was horrible with out that problem. I don't really know why Icotecs are a cheaper caller but the remotes work so much better.

Last edited:
You will be happy with the newer remote. They have done a lot of work at foxpro on these new units and remotes and I haven’t heard anything bad yet

Thank you. I went ahead and ordered one this morning. A long as the remote is better than the wildfire 2 I'll be happy. Where did you get some legs for it?

Ace hardware. Get 2 2packs of Crawford Handy Hooks (13112). $3.99 per pack. Two 1/4 bolts 1 1/4 inch long, 4 flat washers and 2 nuts. Can use wing nuts for more flexibility if desired. Holes in Handy Hooks are punched 1/4 inch, but need to be "deburred" with 1/4" drill bit. Also a YouTube video. Legs for FoxPro CS24 and Banshee type e-callers.

I finally gott to test out my new banshee this morning. I walked around the long way to where the holler I keep hearing them at lets out in to a big field. The wind was perfect coming down the holler. I started off with gray fox screams. I seen a deer at the end of the holler and it looked back and took off. I looked around and seen what I thought was a tree stump that looked out of place at the edge of the holler and to the left. I switched from gray fox to baby cottentail and he stood up and started walking. He would stop and keep cocking his head side to side trying to figure out what the sound was coming out of. I had the call just laying in the field about 30 yards in front of me. I was sitting against a big tree in the field with the sun coming up at my back.He finally sat down about 20 yards from the call just looking so I took the shot and rolled him backwards. He got up took off running across a creek and up the hill, came back down and up the creek and thats where he laid. I don't know how he managed to run that far considering I shot him in the middle of the chest with a 7.62 from the SKS. They are tough [beeep]. Anyway it was a good morning. I really like the banshee.

You must have been using FMJ--That's a NO NO to me always have runners--but Congrats on your Kill---Banshee a Great Call for sure ---

svb

Back