Baiting

Trying to set up my scope, two differnt cards both tell me that they are write protected, one is brand new and was formatted fires when I tried to copy the files, write protected. Tried another card, same thing, anybody know how to remove the write protection?

I still can't make connections with the two I have seen recently on my bait pile. Only appear about once a week and only one time two nights in a row. I know you all like videos and pics, so I thought I'd share my last night's calling adventure with you.

My hunting buddy couldn't go, so I went on by myself. Fifteen minutes into the stand I catch this one coming in on the downwind. Strangely, she came right by my truck which was just across a canal and she didn't pay any attention to it. I shot her at about 85 yds. with my 6x45 (6mm Parvo) with a 55 gr. Nosler ballistic tip. I hit her just slightly too far back, but still it put her down nicely.

It was a young female, probably last year's pup, and no sign of having been bred this year.

. by Double Up, on Flickr

DannyK, There is a tiny little slide on the side of the cards to write protect or not. If that don't work, try full fat32 format on your PC first. Uncheck the box that says quick format. It will take a while depending on the size of the card.

Last edited:
After a lot of frustration, I think I finally have it. There was a program in my computor that automatically write protected dvd's etc. I uninstalled the program and everything went like clock work, have the files on a 4 gig card, and did a full format on the 32 gig card. almost ready to fire it up as soon as I understand how to do a factory reset after it downloads the files.

Originally Posted By: dannykAfter a lot of frustration, I think I finally have it. There was a program in my computor that automatically write protected dvd's etc. I uninstalled the program and everything went like clock work, have the files on a 4 gig card, and did a full format on the 32 gig card. almost ready to fire it up as soon as I understand how to do a factory reset after it downloads the files.

Power off, then power on, as soon as “ATN” screen appears, hit center button 5 times quickly, then go to “factory reset” and reconfigure.
Just be sure to write down your settings, especially your zero x/y, as it will wipe them out. You will have to set what type of scope you have too. If you have a saved profile, you can import that too.

6, so far what little bit that I have played with it, it seems like it will work for me. won't get it mounted on the rifle until I get back home, there are features that I probably won't use, but you never know. I think it will really work nice out of the blind on the heavy barrel Stag, can shoot out to 200 yds from it with a nice bench rest. I opted for the 5x20 as I like magnification for shot placement. As I work my way around the menu I will probably shut most things off other than recoil video to start. Being that the Stag is my go to rifle for bear to deer to coyotes and fox and raccoons and bobcat I use 3 differn't rounds for them so I'll be working up shooting profiles for each. Other than the couple of stinkers you haven't had a chance to put the hammer down on a yote yet?

DannyK, no, just the stinkers. I have hopes though.

The menu is relatively simple to navigate and like you, I have everything turned off except recoil-activated video.

Well fellas, if you have been watching the radar for the central midwest, you may see that it is not April 15 weather. That being said, the bait is still in full operation. An extended season so to speak...oh yah!!! So my boy is home for the weekend and was able to tip this one over on the 170 yd site this morning. .204 TC Venture pushing a 32 gr zmax. Anchored it!! Young male.
A170 (1) by jrhranch, on Flickr
#16 off the bait/#17 total on the season.

Yes...DU...the beat goes on!! We are in another winter storm watch for tomorrow with another 4"-8" coming. So, they must be feeding up!! #17 off the bait at the 170 yd site. I shot this one this morning...kid back to college...with the .22-250 pushing a 52 gr Amax. Larger entrance hole than desired, so back to bullet testing.
j4-17170 by jrhranch, on Flickr
I was shooting the 45 gr Sierra Spitzers with good luck. But I did a semi custom build on the .22-250 and went with a 12 twist. So, I've been running some heavier bullets. I don't know if the Amax is going to work with these speeds...blowing up plenty early. Anchored him, but, pushing that "splash" envelope!!
My new semi custom .22-250 built on the Remington 700 I was shooting.
EA .22-250 by jrhranch, on Flickr
Keep killin em guys!!! Very good, "unexplainable" season for me!!! But, I'll take it!!!

Last edited:
Back