Pepper pot removal

Boommeup

Wanting to remove my pepper pot muzzle break. Any advice? Heat, big hammer, don't really want to destory this break! This is on a stainless 6.5 Radical Arms barrel. Thanks in advance everyone!!!

may have some locktite on it. you could apply some heat, not a bunch. then take something and stick in the holes so you can get a grip. Should come off. you may have to put the upper in a receiver fixture and into a vice.

Electric Heat Gun.
Lock barrel in wood (oak) soft jaws in good vice.
Don't burn yourself.
I have seen a gas torch used on things like this.
I just like the high setting on a heat gun, safer.

Just worried about the heat discoloring the barrel. Don't have a heat gun probably use a Benz-omatic! Thanks guys! I'll report back later. Still on the coffee this morning...

Boiling hot water can work without discoloration, especially if they used rockset on it. Nice strap wrench. Good vice block.

I GOT IT!!! Toke longer to drill a hole in a piece of oak and then figure out how to cut it in half. Solved that problem with my hatchet, and dumb luck!!! Didn't that much heat and came right off, no marks whatsoever. Thanks for all the tips guys. Seems to be a white residue on the base of the treads. Put a area 419 Hellfire break on it. Sweet set up!!!

Thanks Tim! It's all I had in oak. It was a piece of oak gunnage from rebar that was delivered at work. Glad I had it before it found its why to the wood stove! I'm thinking about a drill press and table saw. Had to file out the hole with some stock inletting tools. Work pretty good till the board cracked on the first attempt. Hole wasn't quite centered with the hand drill! Imagine that! One more to do and I should be done!

Back