Groundhog Talley

KjBeachy

Let's see who cam get the most groundhogs this year! I'll start the list off with 2 already. And note, groundhogs only, no prairie dogs

You can't exclude rock chucks cause us guy's out west don't have ground hogs!
tt2.gif

laugh.gif

Yeah, it's really not fair to compare western numbers to eastern. My buddy that killed over 50 in a day recently though, pretty sure most if not all were standing on dirt. I've shot that place with him a bunch of times and he was either in a bean field or an alfalfa field.

- DAA

Well I'm back in the hunt this year. Been racing my motorcycle the last couple yrs. but I'm retiring from road racing so getting back into the ghog hunting. The farms that I hunt have not been shot on since I was last there so should have plenty of targets.

My last full yr of hunting them I got 300. Look out guys, I plan on racking them up!

Originally Posted By: whyGood to see you back. I gave up on WV and only shoot MD and Pa now.

Thanks Marty. Talked to one of the farmers the other day and he is excited to know that I'm hunting ghogs again.

Maybe we can hook up sometime and do some shooting together.

Dave

Got another last night off my property. 3 total thus far. I haven't had a chance to do any corn field sets since the weather has warmed up. Now we're fighting the rain up here.

I headed out to the western part of the state for a couple days and got in some Ghog shooting. Weather was warm but very windy. I was shooting a Savage that I put together in 20vt loaded with 32gr zmax, its one of the cheapest guns that I own but it shoots great and is threaded for a can. I shot 19 with the longest shots being 446 and 512 yds. Full discloser, the 512 took 3 shots to get the windage right, 446 was 1 shot. Average was not good but I am up to 28 so far for the year.

Well I'm finally on the board. Went out Saturday a week ago with my shooting buddy and we got 8 of them. I can only take credit for 2 of the kills. I let John do most of the shooting since he doesn't get out nearly as much as I do. Longest shot was 301yds.

Went out this afternoon-with my 13yr old daughter and dispatched 5 more. Longest shot was right at 300yds. Missed one at 400. I was shooting my RRA 204 with loads for another 204 upper so not sure of the bullet drop.

Anyways I'm up to 7 so far but plan on really hitting them hard in a few weeks.

I'm only up to four so far. Pretty sure I killed two more, but without recovery I can't claim them. It's amazing how quickly they can get back in those holes!

Hoping to hit them hard the next month or so. Just hard to find time with house projects stacking up.

Got 2 earlier in the week and headed to the western shore yesterday. Shot 2 @ 235 and 320 and moved to another farm. As I pulled into the lane I saw one on a fence row, ranged him @ 520 and got set up with my 223 ack imp shooting 75 gr Amax #3 for the day. I drove down the lane and setup on a hill over looking a hayfield/pasture, shot 3 more from there @ 340, 560 and 594. These last 4 were all shot from my tripod while standing. They are my longest kills from the tripod, I am really liking this thing. 36 for the year.

Back