POF 308 with Omega Silencer

daddyflea

I ordered a new POF 308 and was told the Omega Silencer gave more problems than all the others combined. I was told no problems with Specwar just Omega. They are sending a ported piston that is supposed to make 85% shoot correctly. So far no auto 308 I have found will function with my Omega Silencer including a Ruger SR762. Anybody shooting an Omega on a 308 Auto with success?

Originally Posted By: 1badsheeWhat problems?

High Back Pressure jamming, Blowing Primers, Deep Ejector marks or cuts, you name it

If you didn't already have the POF ordered I would have suggested giving a LWRC a shot, interested how the POF works out for you.

Originally Posted By: Dirty HippieI shot my Omega on a DPMS 308 without issue. That gun was unstoppable though nothing seemed to affect its perfect reliability.

DPMS could not make my DPMS 308 Recon function themselves

I have a DPMS U/L 7,62X51 16in Oracle no problems with Specwar.
I have a DPMS lower with an old Bushmaster upper in 243win No problems with Specwar.
When I joined this sites I was told to buy a Specwar.
Well, I did and it works on all my AR's and bolt guns.
I have a CZ 527 300acc you can hear the firing pin drop.
All my AR's clink and clank, and smoke a lot.
I spray them with CLP it helps.

No experience with the Omega on a P308 but my P308 and the many different SAS cans I've tested runs like a champ on my P308 16" gasser. I did have issues with the chamber and salt nitride in the beginning but they made it right. It shoots great for a gas gun and I actually prefer it to the LWRC Reaper.

Currently I am waiting on delivery of a POF 308 hoping it will function. POF is installing a WEEP Hole or Port in the piston to bleed off the gas.

In addition I have replaced the Brakes with the Flashiders to blow gas straight out and if needed will replace the End Cap with a 45 Caliber to further reduce back pressure. I am told by POF the Silencerco Omega is the worst suppressor on the market right now as far as getting an auto 308 to function. I am told the reason is the Omega is very quiet and makes more Back Pressure than other Suppressors. Same folks told me the Silencerco Specwar causes no problems.

Back