Initial Review of ATN X-Sight 2

6 MM, I have found with my X sight that it will not group as good as my day scope but I have no trouble hitting coyotes at 200 yards plus. I put a mark on the focus knob where it is focused best after dark so I can put it back easily also it has to be focused in a different place for day use. I got a butler creek scope cover and drilled a hole in it so I don't have to keep putting that cover off and on. I also when out calling I leave my scope on and let it go to sleep and when I see a coyote I hit the record button for the RAV and it wakes it up and starts the RAV, that record button you have to push it fast and let up fast or it don't like to work. I have had 2 of the x sights for about a year now and am pretty happy with them, they are not perfect but pretty good, also with the stock IR if you don't take the battery's out it will slowly drain them.

Thanks Randy B. I had considered putting a mark like you mentioned. I just have a difficult time at night noticing any change in the focus from one extreme to the other of the focus knob. I have noticed that daytime requires a different focus adjustment.

I didn't know the scope will go to sleep. With an external battery on my scope, it ran for 4 hours and 15 minutes with one charge bar left. Every time I checked, the scope was still on for viewing through the ocular. I had the RAV feature turned off. Maybe that's why it didn't go to sleep.

The sleep mode must be turned on to work. However, when using an external power source the sleep mode is automatically disabled. Sleep mode will not work while using external power.

How do you turn on the sleep mode?

I have been using an external battery so that's apparently why I haven't seen anything to turn off.

If I remember right you turn sleep mode on under Tools, also it won't go to sleep if you have the RAV activated. I only use Kentli battery's in both of mine.

For sleep mode, go to system settings, scroll over to display, you will see sleep mode with a > sign, hit that to turn off or on.

Update on the X-Sight 2 scope, 3-14x model. I haven't had much time still to coyote hunt, but did get those two skunks I mentioned earlier. Hitting them at 60 yards was easy.

I thought I would post up some photos of the outfit as I have it set up. I am anxious to put it to use on a coyote or two.

The scope is mounted on a Dtech 6x45 AR. The scope isn't anything great, but is pretty neat still with some nifty features. I noticed recently that Amazon has lowered the price about $50 on the 3-14x model from what I paid for it back in February. I had reservations about the X-Sight for a long time but finally decided to give it a try. It will work well at my bait site and for a fraction of the cost of the high-dollar scopes. Time will tell if it holds up well or not. I am still anxiously waiting for the new 4K models and reviews from the field.

40459347734_0cb66579db_b.jpg

39361519180_c2b7a9a57f_b.jpg

I purchased a large focus-control knob on Ebay that really helps with turning the stiff control knob.

39361519060_cc58c44d15_b.jpg

The little PNY 2600 miliamp battery supply works pretty good. I mounted it in a quick-detach 30mm scope ring which attaches to the left side picatinny mount on the scope. This little battery powered the X-Sight for 4 hours and 15 minutes and still had one light bar left. I had all features turned off on the scope, however. Keeping the recoil activated feature enguaged will probably cause a little battery drain, but for the money this little deal works pretty good.

39361518890_e74eb8c1d8_b.jpg

39361518780_c15c4fc25e_b.jpg

Someone asked earlier how I mount the IR light to the rifle, given that I use the scope's picatinny for the battery pack. I use an offset mount (Ebay) to attach it to the rifle's gas block, and then run the wired remote switch to a two-sided velcro band that I wrapped around the forearm.

39361518570_44fc0790ff_b.jpg

39361518440_e150bcc8c0_b.jpg

39361518320_21c95bca71_b.jpg

39361518200_7fec1cd891_b.jpg

40275976905_20d6bd1f3e_b.jpg

39361517990_fc56f8d4db_b.jpg

Originally Posted By: Catdog1..(use the) 2 amp cord that was supplied with it...
Good to know about the cord, thanks..

And thanks 06 for your review and the updates.

Back