Who uses Havalon Knives?

Originally Posted By: Tbone-AZSo far i have skinned 15 on the same blade and haven't changed the blade yet.

Not to change subject, But I would like to have a razor that would last that long.. Dan

Originally Posted By: NGI_TOMOriginally Posted By: jcs271I like the looks of this tool and would really appreciate that blade changing option. My only concern with the havalon is that you will still need to use a Leatherman Tool to safely replace the blade.

Not the case with this Havalon Mulitool. The opague orange box you see pictured here is included with each purchase and it is a blade removal tool. Very slick and easy to use...
the-piranta-blade-remover-4-pack-1.gif

can these be gottin after the fact?
Ive bought 2 havalon's before came with that tools.
Id like to get one

Originally Posted By: bobeanocan these be gottin after the fact?
Ive bought 2 havalon's before came with that tools.
Id like to get one

i saw these for sale at sportsmans warehouse the other day. they were sold as a 4 pack. think around 8 bucks for the 4 pack.

The whole blade change out process is what kept me from buying one of these and lead me to the competitor (Outdoor Edge) instead. Glad to see they've remedied this problem. Obviously you have to exercise some common sense when dealing with a razor - may as well call these things scalpels - but I just read too many stories of guys almost losing fingers changing blades.

Went with the outdoor edge EDC for my hunting bag and I love it. Skinned out 3 deer, changed the blade, Boom!!!! It's like a brand new knife. Skinned out two more since then and haven't sharpened a knife yet.

These have been interesting to me but they are pretty small and risk an accidental hand cut much easier than a larger handle knife.
My hands are almost as valuable to me as a surgeons hands, they are my mobility and everything.
I was sharpening knives on the sharpmaker where friends were cutting an elk. One guy asked me to resharpen what looked like a havalon, it only took a few passes. Several others including me noticed the metal softness. Still wondering what brand that blade was.

I've heard some pretty great things about them. Just for costs sake I've started using a scalpel. I got 100 replaceable blades, plus the actual scalpel for around $8. They are ridiculously sharp. Almost too sharp. It's pretty easy to poke holes in places you don't want to. But cutting is close to effortless.

Back