FoxPro Patriot almost reviewed!

Campower

After 20 years of northern Maine predator hunting, I broke down and got my first e-caller.

The FoxPro patriot looked to fit my bill nicely. It looked awesome, sounded awesome (I'm my basement for one night) and seemed to be just what I was looking for.

Next day my wife let my 115lb Malamute in my man cave , and for some reason decided to bite down on the remote crushing the outside shell.

It would still work, and the screen was somewhat visible, but wouldn't hold the battery in place and I wasn't about to duck tape it back togather.

Sent it back to FoxPro telling then what happened (looking back now I should have come up with some elaborate tale of the remote coming between me and a fatal bite from a rabid zombie coyote).

They got ahold of my today and confirmed the remote was damaged beyond repair and I would need to purchase a new remote for $65.00.

Guess I'll bite the bullet when I get ahead(seeing as how the caller is useless without a remote), but talk about frustrating... No hate on FoxPro, I understand they can't warranty every item that some fool leaves out to get damaged, but ugghh... Prime yote season at the moment doesn't help either..

Originally Posted By: CampowerAfter 20 years of northern Maine predator hunting, I broke down and got my first e-caller.

The FoxPro patriot looked to fit my bill nicely. It looked awesome, sounded awesome (I'm my basement for one night) and seemed to be just what I was looking for.

Next day my wife let my 115lb Malamute in my man cave , and for some reason decided to bite down on the remote crushing the outside shell.

It would still work, and the screen was somewhat visible, but wouldn't hold the battery in place and I wasn't about to duck tape it back togather.

Sent it back to FoxPro telling then what happened (looking back now I should have come up with some elaborate tale of the remote coming between me and a fatal bite from a rabid zombie coyote).

They got ahold of my today and confirmed the remote was damaged beyond repair and I would need to purchase a new remote for $65.00.

Guess I'll bite the bullet when I get ahead(seeing as how the caller is useless without a remote), but talk about frustrating... No hate on FoxPro, I understand they can't warranty every item that some fool leaves out to get damaged, but ugghh... Prime yote season at the moment doesn't help either..

for just a little more think i would just buy another caller.

then if you had the notion to, you could even set out both of the callers and have them facing in 2 diff directions and the remote would play both of them.

i lost the remote for a patriot caller the very first day i used it. been seriously thinking about doing what i just suggested.

Back