Spring Turkey Hunt

Lord willing and the creek don't rise, I'm gonna go up on the long ridge on the other side of the creek. I saw an albino jake there two years ago. If he survived all the critters he should have some nice hooks this year.

OK here is the thing...
I have the tags and a plan but. Now it's up tp maw nature , Like spring bear, turkey is snow driven. As in if the snow melts enough to get in to where I may find turkey and bear then Yes I'll be out. There is about a 50% chance the season on both will end before you can get to them. I have a 4wheeler but there may be WAY more snow then is do able in a 4wheeler...

Last edited:
Ok, joking with ya 10bears. I'm sticking close to home here in the Missouri Ozarks. Jet man is in Montana I believe.

The Gila should be a good hunt DesertRam. I got lucky and got drawn for turkey on the Valle Vidal and I'm going on the Mescarelro Apache Rez. I also put in for spring and fall bear on the Valle Vidal but didn't get drawn for either.

Yeah I was lucky enough to have a father very passionate about turkey hunting. My fist out of state hunt was to Oklahoma my senior year on spring break. I actually was not successful that trip. I joined the Air Force after high school and got stationed in Oklahoma. Luckily I knew right where to go. I then saved up enough leave to go to the other states and completed my slam at the age of 22.All my hunts habe been on public land. So I really do consider my self lucky.

Last edited:
That is the goal eventually. I just returned from being overseas for four years. So hopefully in a year or two I can make the trip down

Sure can! All my birds were taken off of packsaddle,black kettle or canton wma. For Canton go to the north side of the lake. Black kettle is more a drive find birds and plan a stalk. And packsaddle is a lot of walking but is loaded with birds. Or used to be. Haven't hunted it in 4 years now and I know my old honey hole had new gas rigs put in. So not really sure how it is now

Back