coyote behavior question

CB23

so i set up my trailcam on a chokepoint between a pond a deep ravine. got lots of coyote pics and videos. so started leaving table scraps and old meat out in front of my cam. figured why not right. got even more videos and such. now the big male keeps poopin right where i drop the food, urinates sometimes. on almost every video, its one or the other.

marking teritory or makin room for more snacks? haha

Originally Posted By: Zen ArcheryOriginally Posted By: CB23marking teritory or makin room for more snacks? haha

This... peeing is def territory mark. Pooping? Hmmm...

My Siberian Husky is EXTREMELY territorial. He walks the edge of the yard, pissing on trees or objects every ten yards or so. When he poops he'll sniff all around, drop a turd there, another over there, one even further away, all over the place. No idea why. I assume it's to claim something.

Originally Posted By: Flesh Eater drop a turd there, another over there, one even further away, all over the place. No idea why.

i once owned a dog that i called the traveling pooper. he would squat to take a dump and then take off while still squatting and pooping. drove me crazy when it came time to pick it up. little poop here, a little poop there, a little poop everywhere. threatened to kill that dog many times. but i liked him enough i put up with it. out of all the dogs i have owned he was the only dog that did it like that.

Originally Posted By: SlickerThanSnotOriginally Posted By: Flesh Eater drop a turd there, another over there, one even further away, all over the place. No idea why.

i once owned a dog that i called the traveling pooper. he would squat to take a dump and then take off while still squatting and pooping. drove me crazy when it came time to pick it up. little poop here, a little poop there, a little poop everywhere. threatened to kill that dog many times. but i liked him enough i put up with it. out of all the dogs i have owned he was the only dog that did it like that.

I know what you mean!

My other dog doesn't do it. She just leaves one giant pile that looks like I've adopted a donkey. When it comes to accidentally stepping in it, I'd take one turd over a ten pound pile, though.

It is definate marking thing. Often you will find scratch marks in the bare earth near said deposits. Some yips/fem howls/ or even a serenade in the area should prove fruitful

Back