6.5 creed....the most worthless, overrated, pos, new toy, over hyped, piss down both legs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: kyyotestalkerLMAO you guys that have never shot a creedmoor keep complaining and thinking like you are, cause that means more Ammo/Components available to me.

Also the main credit to the 6.5 creedmoor for me over say a 260rem is that it fits in magazines easily when loaded with heavy match projectiles. As a 6.5x47mm Lapua owner and lover I must say the creed has grown on me greatly and I am slowly rebarreling my stable to creedmoor's, as I can not justify the cost of reloading 6.5x47L vs 6.5 creed.

As I stated in my post just above yours, I own a 6.5 CM and have had it since the cartridge was first put on dealer shelves. Early on I saw what it did and I just didn't swallow the anecdotal pill to make me jump on the bandwagon and buy new tenni runners to match my Jeep.

Well.......... To be totally truthful, at the time I bought the 6.5 CM rifle, I did own tenni runners in a color to match my jeep. But fortunately my tenni runners and the Jeep were both black.

Still haven't heard anyone use any logic to justify it being "better". (Other than more room in the mag for a longer bullet, which is very weak considering the abundant variety of quality bullets.) If you like it just because its different that's fine. It just isn't the best thing ever that some are claiming.

The only thing funnier than the "6.5 Creedmoor is the best ever" guys are the ones who hate the round. I think it is all funny.

The number one reason the Creedmoor variant has done better is it was twisted correctly in factory offerings from day one.

BTW, I have a 6.5x47 Lapua and like it quite well.

Originally Posted By: nightcallerStill haven't heard anyone use any logic to justify it being "better".

Who do you think you are that anyone need justify anything they do to you? People can choose what they want. I see more choices as a good thing. The Creed does do something the 260 never could. It got more people interested in the 6.5 diameter, interested in longer distance shooting, sparked interest in new and better bc hunting and target bullets. Why is any of that bad?

Again, I couldn't care less what anyone else shoots. My wife traded for a RAP 6.5 Creed a couple years ago, and it shoots great. Would it be just as great in 260? Sure, but they don't make that one so Creed it is.

Speaking of logic, coming out of the blue and starting a thread to spread hate about an inanimate object like a rifle cartridge defies logic to me.

Originally Posted By: newmexkidI'm rebarreling my Savage 6.5CM to a 22CM. Think I'll have way more fun.

Good for you: You will need carry Pistol, Rock Island TCM ROCK Standard FS HC Combo, Semi-Automatic, .22 TCM / 9mm, 17+1 Rounds

Link to Rock Island TCM pistol

Originally Posted By: 204 AROriginally Posted By: nightcallerStill haven't heard anyone use any logic to justify it being "better".

Who do you think you are that anyone need justify anything they do to you? People can choose what they want. I see more choices as a good thing. The Creed does do something the 260 never could. It got more people interested in the 6.5 diameter, interested in longer distance shooting, sparked interest in new and better bc hunting and target bullets. Why is any of that bad?

Again, I couldn't care less what anyone else shoots. My wife traded for a RAP 6.5 Creed a couple years ago, and it shoots great. Would it be just as great in 260? Sure, but they don't make that one so Creed it is.

Speaking of logic, coming out of the blue and starting a thread to spread hate about an inanimate object like a rifle cartridge defies logic to me.

I couldn't have said it better. Posts like his have no value to the forum.

I just barreled a 6.5 creed, have a 6 creed on the way and about to order a 22 creed. Why? Because I can. Adding them all to the fleet.

Originally Posted By: 204 AROriginally Posted By: nightcallerStill haven't heard anyone use any logic to justify it being "better".

Easy snowflake. If you're that offended by my post you're welcome to go to a safe zone. Simple case of listening to a guy go on and on about how great his new creed is and shaking my head when I'd ask questions as to why its better than EVERYTHING. If someone likes it just because, I'm fine with that. Thinking that this cartridge is ballistics superior to any other cartridge is ignorant.

Originally Posted By: nightcallerOriginally Posted By: 204 AROriginally Posted By: nightcallerStill haven't heard anyone use any logic to justify it being "better".

Easy snowflake. If you're that offended by my post you're welcome to go to a safe zone. Simple case of listening to a guy go on and on about how great his new creed is and shaking my head when I'd ask questions as to why its better than EVERYTHING. If someone likes it just because, I'm fine with that. Thinking that this cartridge is ballistics superior to any other cartridge is ignorant.

Speaking of snowflakes, seems you were the one offended, no one wants to hear from you how bad it is just like you don't want to hear how good it is, maybe you should have just walked away.
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: 3DHUSKEROriginally Posted By: 204 AROriginally Posted By: nightcallerStill haven't heard anyone use any logic to justify it being "better".

I just barreled a 6.5 creed, have a 6 creed on the way and about to order a 22 creed. Why? Because I can. Adding them all to the fleet.

I'm betting that the OP is smiling at some or all of the posts here. Seeing hate in the context of what this is is a bit much unless one finds their entire life on the internet.

I truly hope that no one strokes out or has to see a shrink because what the OP posted has actually threatened them in some way. I both literally and figuratively easily survived a for real death wish via airplane crash posted here a few months back. On the plus side, I develop a new love for tomato juice in the process.
thumbup.gif

Sounds like you need to learn to filter out illogical gun talk. The world is full of people with illogical love/hate relationships with this or that. There's always been people speaking highly of this round or that round, I remember a guy I respect telling me how his 50 bmg fires it's bullets at 4800 fps and going on and on. Now was it really worth starting an argument over or talking down to him about it? Not in my opinion. Maybe I should have started a thread hating on the 50 and what a big pos it is.

Careful on the snowflake talk. Start a hate thread like you did, expect some push back big guy.

This!

Originally Posted By: Winny FanOriginally Posted By: 3DHUSKEROriginally Posted By: 204 AROriginally Posted By: nightcallerStill haven't heard anyone use any logic to justify it being "better".

I'm betting that the OP is smiling at some or all of the posts here. Seeing hate in the context of what this is is a bit much unless one finds their entire life on the internet.

I truly hope that no one strokes out or has to see a shrink because what the OP posted has actually threatened them in some way. I both literally and figuratively survived a for real death wish via airplane crash posted here a few months back. On the plus side, I develop a new love for tomato juice in the process.
thumbup.gif

I think we are all smiling a little on this thread! Not all for the same reasons lol. I usually stay out of these idiotic subjects but this one caught my attention! Oh and glad your plane stayed aloft! Can you refer me to your shrink?

Originally Posted By: Brad PhillipsWhile, I am interested in a 6.5 of some sort. I never jump right away. For me a semi custom .260 would probably do what I want.

Any 6.5 that you might choose will likely serve you well. Some do certain things better than others, but none of them are supernatural due to a mechanical firing pin strike.

Originally Posted By: 204 ARI think we are all smiling a little on this thread! Not all for the same reasons lol. I usually stay out of these idiotic subjects but this one caught my attention! Oh and glad your plane stayed aloft! Can you refer me to your shrink?

As for your inquiry, 204 AR, my wife keeps me lined out and on the straight and narrow. Her only fault is I find her occasionally looking in one of my gun safes at my 6.5 CM and muttering something about Forensic Files.
grin.gif

Originally Posted By: Winny FanOriginally Posted By: Brad PhillipsWhile, I am interested in a 6.5 of some sort. I never jump right away. For me a semi custom .260 would probably do what I want.

Any 6.5 that you might choose will likely serve you well. Some do certain things better than others, but none of them are supernatural due to a mechanical firing pin strike.

Originally Posted By: 204 ARI think we are all smiling a little on this thread! Not all for the same reasons lol. I usually stay out of these idiotic subjects but this one caught my attention! Oh and glad your plane stayed aloft! Can you refer me to your shrink?

As for your inquiry, 204R, my wife keeps me lined out and on the straight and narrow. Her only fault is I find her occasionally looking in one of my gun safes at my 6.5 CM and muttering something about Forensic Files.
grin.gif

Haha no doubt
thumbup.gif

Why I’m commenting is against my better judgment. These rabbit hol comments with the sole purpose to create conflict are juvenile.

The term logic has been tossed around here and there by both “sides” of this debate. So let’s go with that, if I am able. I don’t believe the term BETTER is the way Creedmoor shooters describe their caliber of choice. Asking everybody to justify their use of the cartridge when it “does what others have” is an admittance that it is a fine cartridge. I don’t think anybody is claiming it’s heads and shoulders BETTER than what was already here. However it’s EASIER. If I can get the same or very close to the same performance as the .260 or 6.5x47, why wouldn’t I do it with a cartridge that had a rifle that was created correctly for it (short action), a barrel with the proper twist (1:8), and have tons of components and factory rounds available? Only the 6.5 Creedmoor can claim this.

I don’t care if you feel that this “justification” is good enough for your high and mighty, my opinion is th other one that counts post. But, the truth is that people are shooting the Creedmoor because it’s EASIER.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: AcroninWhy I’m commenting is against my better judgment. These rabbit hol comments with the sole purpose to create conflict are juvenile.

The term logic has been tossed around here and there by both “sides” of this debate. So let’s go with that, if I am able. I don’t believe the term BETTER is the way Creedmoor shooters describe their caliber of choice. Asking everybody to justify their use of the cartridge when it “does what others have” is an admittance that it is a fine cartridge. I don’t think anybody is claiming it’s heads and shoulders BETTER than what was already here. However it’s EASIER. If I can get the same or very close to the same performance as the .260 or 6.5x47, why wouldn’t I do it with a cartridge that had a rifle that was created correctly for it (short action), a barrel with the proper twist (1:8), and have tons of components and factory rounds available? Only the 6.5 Creedmoor can claim this.

I don’t care if you feel that this “justification” is good enough for your high and mighty, my opinion is th other one that counts post. But, the truth is that people are shooting the Creedmoor because it’s EASIER.

Had not heard it put like that but it makes a whole lot of sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back