Issues with Aero Precision M4E1 Lower?

Ghostman

After reading good reviews I ordered and just received a NIB Aero Precision M4E1 Lower from Brownell's which appears to be out of spec - cut slightly deeper than normal.

Had a local gunsmith who specializes in building custom ARs build up the lower using a standard parts kit and a NIB Elftmann Match trigger. Upon installation the trigger had lots of creep which is not normal for Elftmannn triggers and the trigger fired while on safety.

He pulled the parts kit safety and installed a $60 BAD ambi safety and reinstalled the trigger which seemed to solve the fire on safety issues but the trigger still had lots of creep.

He pulled the trigger out (again) and installed it in 2 other lowers (different brands) and a lower jig and the trigger functioned exactly as it should. It definitely is not a trigger problem. He took measurements of the lower depths and the Aero M4E1 is cut at least 1/64th deeper than other lowers he had in the shop.

Called Aero and they told me to submit a "help desk ticket" explaining the problem which I did. Haven't heard from them yet (2 days).I'm kind of irritated over the situation.

Has anyone else experienced any trigger function or safety issues/problems with an Aero M4E1 lower?

Back