Professional wildcat trap

ricky chen

Wildcat is a small and fast animal so it is so difficult to catch them. The two aboriginal men used their experiences to make a smart trap to catch wildcat easily.

Catching wildcat easily with technology primitive

First of all, they used splitted coconut leaves to tie. They put the dried coconut leaves to the water to make it more supple.

Then, they cut a bamboo tree and splited it and knit into a 30x40cm regtangle. They knit 5 regtangles to make a box wilthout lid.

They put the box mouth to the ground and used a tree to hold the box up and covered the box by other tree branches so that the wild cat cannot regconize the difference.
The perfect trap cannot be lack of bait. The perfect bait for cat is fish. They could catch small fishes in the stream.

Finally, they used a long vine to tie the holder branch and pull the vine 20-30m far away from the trap. The men sat there and hiden untill the cat came into the trap, they pulled the vine to trap the cat.

you can refer this video :

Last edited:
While this is an interesting idea, it may or may not be legal depending on your local and state regulations.

I dreamed I did that once!
smile.gif

In New Zealand where the majority of the population cannot own those dangerous guns this maybe his only way to catch the elusive wildcat.
Note: If they haven't already they are close to legalizing pot. May or may not have something to do with first random off the wall post. If nothing else it is quite comical.

Originally Posted By: 3DHUSKER
Note: If they haven't already they are close to legalizing pot. May or may not have something to do with first random off the wall post. If nothing else it is quite comical.

ROTFLMAO!

Originally Posted By: skinneyWhat the [beeep] are you talking about.

Great, now I have to clean the coffee off my screen!
smile.gif

BTW, it's interesting to note that while the third word is "bleeped" by the word monitor while posted, you can actually see that word when you quote it in a reply. Learn something new everyday. It's not always about a wildcat trap, but it's still interesting.
smile.gif

There is a Harding book that you can get from FFG called "Deadfalls & Snares". I played with some deadfalls in my younger days and they were quite effective on skunks and Raccoons.

I ran a lot of snares for fox, beaver and raccoon, but most of those I learned from Ardel Grawe and some of the other snaremen.

Back