Favorite cleaning rod

ohihunter2014

Whats your favorite cleaning rod for rifle? I have some cheapo cleaning rod I got from dunhams with a blue t handle and black coating. Some of the coating is coming off on the tip so I would like to replace it.

I use Dewey coated rods on everything except my 17 cal stuff, for those I have a Gunslick CF rod and as was mentioned above, I always use a bore guide.

Originally Posted By: B23I use Dewey coated rods on everything except my 17 cal stuff, for those I have a Gunslick CF rod and as was mentioned above, I always use a bore guide.

Dewey for me too...
And an old adjustable bore guide I bought years ago that works with every rifle I own.

I like Dewey and/or Tipton carbon rods. I use Possum Hollow bore guides. I also feel that the bore guide is the most vital part.

Boretech, Tipton. Got half a dozen Dewey too but like either of those better. Have a few Proshot too, but they are all bent
laugh.gif
. Lucas, Jones and forget what the other one is bore guides.

- DAA

Originally Posted By: fw707Originally Posted By: B23I use Dewey coated rods on everything except my 17 cal stuff, for those I have a Gunslick CF rod and as was mentioned above, I always use a bore guide.

Dewey for me too...
And an old adjustable bore guide I bought years ago that works with every rifle I own.

Fw707, just curious who made the old adjustable bore guide in case I happened upon one. Thanks.

Originally Posted By: McGrawOriginally Posted By: fw707Originally Posted By: B23I use Dewey coated rods on everything except my 17 cal stuff, for those I have a Gunslick CF rod and as was mentioned above, I always use a bore guide.

Dewey for me too...

Fw707, just curious who made the old adjustable bore guide in case I happened upon one. Thanks.

I’m not 100% sure, but I think it was made by Outers.

Back