69 gr .224 Sierra Match King

I tried 22.7gr and 23gr of H322. Accuracy was good (3/4moa) but I was getting pressure signs. I need to back it down some more and start again.

Sorry for the highjack but didn't want to start another of the same thread.
smile.gif

Anyone use Benchmark, h322, IMR 4198 and H335 with 69gr SMK? I am going to be testing these through 77gr Hornady and sierra match bullets and this is what i have available.

Originally Posted By: wormydog1724I tried 22.7gr and 23gr of H322. Accuracy was good (3/4moa) but I was getting pressure signs. I need to back it down some more and start again.

I got very good accuracy with 55gr bullets but my seating depth screwed that up real quick when i went up 3 tenths and i started getting a stick bolt on a 90 degree day. It really likes the start loads but a hair over medium its too hot for my rifle.

Thanks, guys. I've got some test rounds loaded, but am waiting for the blasted Oklahoma winds (you know, the one's in the song that say "winds come blowin' down the plains.") to slow down. Looks as if that is forecast for next week some time. I'll sure post my results on this thread.

Originally Posted By: emptymag24gr of varget at roughly 2750fps. 2.240”oal. I shoot this in 4 different 223 all well under sub moa

Wow! I think this is the exact same load, speed and production I get out of mine.

Well, just as a follow-up...................

I got to shoot those 69's finally. Ended up with a .500" group at 100 yds. 22.2 gr IMR8208 over a CCI41 primer. OAL was 2.314". Shot from an 18" Polygonal barrel with 1:8 twist.

Last edited:
Just for reference, I am shooting 75gr Hornady match HP's w/24grs of CFE223 with CCI no.41 primers in my 20" Krieger 7.7" twist and is lining up with 2750 on my drop chart out to 500yds.

Back