MidSouth bulk bullets

baitpile

I'm drifting away from the plastic tips, somewhat, for my coyote loads anyway. I have been running some Sierra spitzers with good luck in the .22-250. I'm starting to work up a 50 gr bullet for the .223. I got some sample packs from Midsouth in 50 and 55 gr soft points. So far, the 50's seem to run all right. Just curious if anyone has been running these long term and how do you like them? For a buck more/100 ct, I could go Hornady. Does anyone know who builds these for Midsouth? Nosler? Also, any kill data on them, how are they for exits...TIA!!

I believe the Mid-south bulk bullets are the same as Midway Dog-towns. I have been using the 50 grain Dog-Towns in my Savage Model 40 22Hornet for a while. I load them with 12.8 grs of Lil-Gun and they work very well on Yotes. Of course this is at appropriate Hornet ranges which for me is about 150 yards They also knock the crap out of Beavers.

Last edited:
There is a guy on GunBroker selling pulled bullets, he has a 1000 55 gr sp for 72.50. I'm going to try a couple smaller quantities and see how pulled bullets shoot. He goes by: Bang For Your Buck.

Originally Posted By: baitpileThat looks about right Ramjet. Same BC and SD and Midway says Nosler. Thanks.
Anyone else? i believe nosler is correct.

Several years ago I bought 5000 of the bulk 55gr from midsouth. I use them mostly for plinking and general shooting. The limited hunting I have done with them was successful though. Great bullets for The price.

I just whacked a coyote with this 50 gr bullet this morning at 170 yds with the .223. Outstanding performance!! Put it right in the shoulder on the right side and part of it exited on the left upper neck. About dime size or smaller. This coyote never took a step!! So far so good with this round.
j3-26 (1) by jrhranch, on Flickr

Remington 700. 24" barrel. I have not chrono'ed these yet.

Back