700 sps 204 A-mazing

mnmike

I bought a couple of these a few months back brand new. "G" and an "RR" prefix. Came in the standard Tupperware stock. I have some factory ammo and some reloading supplies. And I'm just truly amazed at how accurate they are! Both shoot in the .2s and .3s with a cheap 9x Burris scope. I'll try and figure out how to post pictures.

url]

2144.jpg

2145.jpg

2146.jpg

Nice groups for sure. I really like my 204, waiting for spring and P.D. hunting. Coyotes are done for me until October comes around again. Would like to see a picture of your rifle. I haven't seen one in 204. Rudy

Originally Posted By: rudymontanaNice groups for sure. I really like my 204, waiting for spring and P.D. hunting. Coyotes are done for me until October comes around again. Would like to see a picture of your rifle. I haven't seen one in 204. Rudy

The picture of the rifle is in the picture. It's a standard blued sps 700. If you would like more pictures pm me your number as posting pictures isn't my cup of tee on this forum

Originally Posted By: Jay CummingsVery nice shooting. The 204 is a great cartridge. The first load I tried in mine shot half inch easily. Never looked further.

The round seems to be very forgiving. Super easy to load for. At least in my two 700s.

Wow, great shooter and great shooting! Just looked over the 'net and
can find no SPS in .204....was this a special order or have they
already been discontinued in that caliber?

Haven't been able to get better than 5/8" out of my cheaper RAP in
.204R.
thumbdown.gif

Originally Posted By: DannoBooneWow, great shooter and great shooting! Just looked over the 'net and
can find no SPS in .204....was this a special order or have they
already been discontinued in that caliber?

Haven't been able to get better than 5/8" out of my cheaper RAP in
.204R.
thumbdown.gif

They are sps varmints. 26" barrels bdl floor plates. Came from a box store going out of business. One of them i spun the barrel off and put a factory stainless fluted pencil barrel on and that shoots just as good and crazy light weight.

I had one of those SPS in 204. It was great once the trigger was adjusted. I think the gauge showed 8 pounds from the factory.

Originally Posted By: boliepI had one of those SPS in 204. It was great once the trigger was adjusted. I think the gauge showed 8 pounds from the factory.

There's just nothing likea clean crisp 8lb trigger. Lol

Back