New fishing forum section?

Originally Posted By: Infidel 762I think it is a bad idea... sharks and barracudas are definitely predators... theChurch and second Amendment forums are not predator calling.

Given that post I'm not sure where you're at on the subject...

Originally Posted By: GCOriginally Posted By: Infidel 762I think it is a bad idea... sharks and barracudas are definitely predators... theChurch and second Amendment forums are not predator calling.

Given that post I'm not sure where you're at on the subject...

When you come to a fork in the road, take it!

-Yogi Berra

Originally Posted By: Infidel 762I think it is a bad idea... sharks and barracudas are definitely predators... theChurch and second Amendment forums are not predator calling.

Jeremy, did you mean it isn't a bad idea?

My bad.. I posted that at 1:30 in the morning, half asleep... I did mean; yes it is not a bad idea;)

Thinking maybe some members might bow fishing large alligator gar... a while back a member used to post pics of huge pike.. Stu, I thought you do some spear fishing?

Originally Posted By: Infidel 762My bad.. I posted that at 1:30 in the morning, half asleep... I did mean; yes it is not a bad idea;)

Thinking maybe some members might bow fishing large alligator gar... a while back a member used to post pics of huge pike.. Stu, I thought you do some spear fishing?

Ha ha, that makes more sense. I saw the time stamp and was wondering that. I wasn't even thinking of the bowfishing part, that's a great idea, truly the predator spirit and technique. Also just thought of the guys out there that may be hunting gators in one form or another, also would fit in to a "On the Water" section.

If we can't do a sub forum then what about doing a sticky right here like the Friday night music thread.
thumbup.gif

Originally Posted By: Tim NeitzkeOriginally Posted By: FursniperI have mixed feelings about it. I think starting a "Predators on the Water" forum does not coincide with the mission of Predator Masters.

The mission of Predator Masters is as follows:

Predator Masters is a group of dedicated predator callers that have joined forces to promote the sport of predator calling, wildlife conservation issues, and defending our hunting heritage.

Predator calling is one of the fastest growing hunting sports throughout North America. Yet up until now, predator callers haven't had an organization that is solely dedicated to promoting and protecting the sport that we enjoy today.

As a devoted hunter you're aware of the importance of protecting our sport against anti-hunting extremist that want to force their beliefs and way of life on every single hunter in North America. As a committed predator caller you're aware of the importance of callers communicating their needs and discoveries to calling equipment manufacturers to improve the sport of predator calling. Predator Masters is the first organization, and only organization of its kind where predator callers unite with sporting goods industry representatives for the common good of the sport.

Predator Masters would be proud to have you join forces with us. We have many great plans in store for our members, but our goals cannot be realized without your personal support. We've assembled some of the finest names in predator hunting across the United States to act as moderators in the forums. We have outfitters, outdoor writers and calling industry spokespersons. This is not your run of the mill rarely visited bulletin board on the Net. We have on average 2,500 visitors a day, Join in on the conversation! Please click the link above to enter the Predator Masters Bulletin Board.

Good calling to you...
Will Craig
Founder of Predator Masters

Times change and so do people. If it's just about predator calling, then there are plenty of forums that need to go.

What does the varmint , big game, redneck kitchen, church and others have to do with calling coyotes and the like ?

I like fishing, infact I do more of it than calling preds.

Well said Tim.
thumbup1.gif

I think a fishing forum is a great idea.

Wow, that's cool! Been out for work for five weeks, getting home and on the water by the end of this coming week.
Hopefully more of this to follow......

36753823694_4c7f0eab40_b.jpg

39340257264_2cec6dc9ef_b.jpg

39115061815_7b69156905_b.jpg

26177835658_b3a255565f_b.jpg

26177848268_fbeea03f3a_b.jpg

Hit the river yesterday with little man to try out his new rod and reel. Didn't catch any fish, but we had a blast.

40828997412_820d5d9a99_k_d.jpg

27000133048_f49f472864_k_d.jpg

I'm for it. I don't fish much but what could it hurt. Here's the boy, Travis (my late brothers grandson) with a brown he caught on a gold Kastmaster during last years annual Lone Pine Trip. Heading up there in three weeks to have at it again. This time my younger brother John is going with us. Some fishing, some target shooing, no women three days of what ever we want. Grizz
KfPlqcc.jpg

257Roy,
Nice boat. I'm going to buy a new one this year. Not exactly sure what yet, looking for at something in the 18.5' range with a 115 to push it.

Adam,
Love the pictures! Fishing with the family makes great memories.

Grizz,
Sounds like a heck of a good time!

This summer is gonna suck...I will miss the majority of the season thanks to an "all expense paid trip, over there." I'd love a subforum full of pics so I could live vicariously through you guys.

Originally Posted By: AdamTHit the river yesterday with little man to try out his new rod and reel. Didn't catch any fish, but we had a blast.

40828997412_820d5d9a99_k_d.jpg

27000133048_f49f472864_k_d.jpg

Adam I think one of us needs to have a talk with his wife....your kid looks EXACTLY like mine from that angle.....lol

Him and just about every other blond 3 year old...lol

Back