powder measure question

Originally Posted By: Chris623All my bench loading buddies use Harrels. I use the next best thing.........a Hornady Lock-n-Load. https://www.hornady.com/reloading/precis...-powder-measure The guys I've shot with always raise their eyebrows when I pull it out and clamp it to the table, but it'll repeatedly throw powder to within 1/10 grain over a period of 50 charges. I've even had some of the Harrels bunch buy them as back-up chargers...............and one sold his Harrels and bought a Lock-n-load!!! It has both a pistol and rifle metering cartridge. Worth checking out. Of course, your experience may vary.

ya the LNL dispenser does quite well for me. i have the same expierence with its consistency. i was nervous when i first got it with my press but a little testing changed that real quick!

Originally Posted By: thegoodlifeOriginally Posted By: Vect0rstarHave you looked into electronic powder dispeners?
I've got a Hornady electronic dispenser, the only time I pour straight from there into the case is for plinking 223... no matter which dispenser I use, it will always end up on the beam for precision loads

my LNL autocharge expierence was awful. I got one of the early models back in 2012 and hated every minute with it.

i was gettin around 30% overthrows - on every speed except slow - and it was really driving me batty. even on slow i was still getting north of 10% overthrows too.

after only a few sessions on the bench (4-5 hours or so) the LCD started fading out too.

Took it back to cabela's, and luckily they had a sale on chargemasters that week so i pony'ed up the extra $75 and bought some green for my bench. That thing is still rocking today.

now i will qualify my experience as probably directly related to the one i got being a lemon, and its been one of the few hornady products that have truly let me down.

but it still sucked as a equipment buy. at >$200 i expected a lot more from it.

My Hornady LnL consistently throws .2g either way, if my target is 26 I set it up for 25.8 and trickle the rest in my beam. I honestly don't trust any electronic measures for my Precision loads

Originally Posted By: BrienM+1 for the Harrels powder measure. Several of the guys I have shot with use them for outstanding results to 500 yds in "groundhog matches". I was using mine the other day to do some load development with a new 6.5x47 Lapua and a 308 I had barreled several years ago and did nothing with. Friends that compete further than 500 like to scale everything. I load both ways depending on how much time I have to prepare. Depends also on type of powder, i.e. small stick powders and ball powders meter best. I have also loaded a fair amount on a Dillon 550. They work great as well with above said powder types.

X2 Like the quote, some powders work well. I have 2 RCBS powder measures they are at least 40 years old.
They were my Dad's. I scale every load. It was how I was taught by my Dad.
If I need a lot of ammo I buy 500 rounds somewhere.

When, I hunt one shot per critter is a good day.

Back