How Shotgun Pellets Draft in a Shot String

Originally Posted By: dennydSeems to me a coyote or duck flying crosswise would get the same few pellets as Brister did in his target. Am I right so far?

no. you are still very confused. coyotes can not fly.

Originally Posted By: SlickerThanSnotOriginally Posted By: dennydSeems to me a coyote or duck flying crosswise would get the same few pellets as Brister did in his target. Am I right so far?

Hahahaha

Originally Posted By: pyscodogInstead of arguing this, which is pretty stupid. Why not grab a box of shells and a buddy, go out to a pond and try this for yourself? Video the results and bring them back and post pictures. But if you want to save time, don't even try cause it ain't gonna happen. You can't spray buckshot like water from a hose.

I've already posted a video (twice) from a renowned shotgun shooter and coach that clearly illustrates the fallacy of the theory. Ignored...

Originally Posted By: pyscodogI better understand what your saying now.

Example(kinda) Aim a water hose to the street. A slow moving car, passing through the stream, will get wet front to back. A faster car will to just not as wet. Ya, I guess this is possible but the pattern/water stream, stays the same. So I guess if the ducks were all in a row, you might kill more than one. But here again, the shot pattern will not change.

I either understand or I'm totally confused.

A duck flying 40 mph will move about 4" through a shotgun pattern at 40 yards. Insignificant in reality, you're either on the bird or you're not. And you're right, the width of the pattern isn't 10' wide and no matter how fast you swing the barrel it isn't going to change.

Originally Posted By: SlickerThanSnotOriginally Posted By: dennydSeems to me a coyote or duck flying crosswise would get the same few pellets as Brister did in his target. Am I right so far?

Denny you still don't have a handle on a shot string.

STS, well played Sir!

OMG... I really did LOL on this one slick...
lol.gif

Back