White House school safety plan includes gun training for teachers

Originally Posted By: Flesh EaterOriginally Posted By: reloader326http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/03/14/hig...ent-police.html

Well, so much for that....

Failed to employ one of the most important rules of gun safety: make sure the weapon is cleared before handling! This has to be easiest rule to remember!

There's a video of an actual police officer giving a demonstration as well, and he freaking shoots himself in the leg. Like, [beeep]?

The LEO's probably had more firearms training than the teachers will get. Add in the fear factor during an actual shooting scenario and then compute the possible number of "friendly fire" victims in the first actual SHTF scenario.

Mental illness effects every walk of life, that includes teachers, how many nut cases are we going to train to protect the children.

Originally Posted By: swift oneQuote:Why do people incorrectly assume people are 'crazy' or need a mental evaluation if they make a dumb statement or do something deemed 'crazy'? I think cliff jumping is dumb, crazy, and a danger to the participant. Would this be a qualifying factor to seize that persons parachute?

Hardly even a remote comparison to someone going in and shooting up a school/ public place. Dude jumps, chute fails or doesn't pull in time, they die, EMS gets called in to clean up the mess. That person died (and only them) to their own mistakes and/ or mitigated risk taking. No innocent people were sucked into that rabbit hole. Mass shooting....well..that's just a whole other animal that has an impact on quite a bit of folks.

My point wasn't for comparison purposes, it was mental health. What I think is 'crazy' may not be someone's else definition of 'crazy'. Just because someone does something odd, dangerous, stupid, unsafe, etc. doesn't mean they need mental health intervention. The definition of Mental Health is subjective, ambiguous, and open to interpretation by whom; the same government you're all so fond of??

A few months back we had a discussion on old people who can no longer function well enough to take care of themselves; mentally. I don't recall all of the details, but someone or some organization suggested those who were receiving SSI payments for a mental disability should no longer be allowed to purchase/possess firearms. Yall jumped on the constitutional bandwagon saying how unjust that would be.

All I'm saying is you can't have it both ways. If you're going to throw the law out there saying take this group of peoples weapons away, it will inevitably snare unintended targets; like the decorated Vietnam Vet receiving a disability benefit who probably isn't a danger to himself or others, but by definition is now a restricted person.

Is there going to be some sort of mental health database added to the background check on firearms purchases; maybe an SSI element added to cross-reference disability payments; if you check into a mental health facility will they be required to report the admission to BCI; police report check to see if your name pops on a report, etc. etc. the list goes on and on and on.

Keep demanding answers from Big Brother and eventually, he is going to answer in a manner and tone that will not satisfy yall.

Back