Need Some Help

mooretitan

Living in California doesn't give me many options

Been working on a few loads for my sons 223. 35 NTX and a 62 TTSX. Wondering if a 35 NTX will work well on coyotes or should be stick with the TTSX. The thinking is that the TTSX will do less pelt damage since it should be punching two little holes in and out. The 35 NTX would be great also just not sure its enough to really anchor a coyote.

Both bullets shoot great. The 35s shoot about an inch higher than the 62s.

Thanks

I'm truly not being mean, but after spending some time in the Peoples Socailist Republic of CalMexi in the Marine Corps, I've seen a few yotes out there. Is there really a market for the "pelts" of thoses things? Or you just take them for yourselves?

There are some nice pelts from time to time. Like anything depends on the area and time of year. I am not trying to sell any but like to tan a few and taxidermy a couple. Also have a real good area for bobcats and to me the color for the area is great. Thinking a 62 would do less damage

Thanks

Originally Posted By: mooretitanLiving in California doesn't give me many options

Been working on a few loads for my sons 223. 35 NTX and a 62 TTSX. Wondering if a 35 NTX will work well on coyotes or should be stick with the TTSX. The thinking is that the TTSX will do less pelt damage since it should be punching two little holes in and out. The 35 NTX would be great also just not sure its enough to really anchor a coyote.

Both bullets shoot great. The 35s shoot about an inch higher than the 62s.

Thanks

Which rifle are You shooting the TTSX bullets in ? I have a Savage with a 1/9 twist and wasn't sure if it would stabilize them.

the 62 ttsx are great bullets. Being as they are unlikely to "explode", I would take the knockdown power of the heavier bullet over the lighter bullet.

What distances are you shooting?

Back