My longest kill so far

wyshadow

Got this one at 304 yards with my 22-250 today.
bgoa61.jpg

I was out looking for a prairie I shot today and if I did find it, I was going to get an exact measurement when I came across this rattler. The area I was hunting on, the owner runs cattle and I quickly took him out with my Matador
35cem3r.jpg

Nice shot on an ugly coyote. I think you did that thing a favor looking at his coat. That snake makes me remember why I like hunting in the fall/winter when those things are sleeping.

I pulled up near the prairie dog town and as soon as I stepped out of the truck, I see several crows dive bombing something. Look through my monoculars and saw a dog jump at the crows. I quickly pull out the gun and ran around the driver side of the truck. I steady the gun on the mirror and lined up on the coyote. I hesitated a few seconds because I didn't know what that was. I then decided whatever it was had to be a coyote because there would be no reason why a dog should be out here in the middle of no where. I sent the picture to my wife and she had to take a double take on what it was. She said I did it a favor for putting it down.

Yuck. Was that here in southern New Mexico? I personally haven't seen much sign of mange around and hope not to. That poor critter needed a bullet.

Originally Posted By: DesertRamYuck. Was that here in southern New Mexico? I personally haven't seen much sign of mange around and hope not to. That poor critter needed a bullet.

Clovis, NM

Back