Sometimes it's too quick

DoubleUp

IMG_20180318_210521538 by Double Up, on Flickr

My hunting buddy took this one tonight, a young male. He didn't have his video running because it all happened so quick. We heard a group open up to the north of us in response to coyote vocals, and were expecting them to come down this timber road. This one stepped out almost at the call only about 40 yds. I caught it all on my video with the Apex. Nice shot and DRT kill. I was glad he got this one as my buddy was sort of bummed out last week when he missed out on the black coyote kill.

Nice problem to have ! ( When it comes to coyotes I mean, lol. ) Just shows what we all know, be ready to shoot as soon as you start calling !

Appreciate the feedback. It was so fast the coyote fell before the sound of the shot got to the DVR and my buddy was only about 8 feet from me.

Since we got his scope mounting issues worked out he has done well. The video makes it look slow, but in real time, it was only 6 seconds from the time the coyote stepped out until he was dead. He is still bummed out that he didn't go on the hunt where I killed the black one, but when you snooze you lose.

Back