New Electronic Caller

UTcaller

I just went out and bought me a new Lohman 2000 caller and just wondered if anyone else has used one and how they have done.I have been calling now for 12 or 13 years,and have used just about every model of Sceery predator call and have had great success.But I have heard alot of people talk about how well they have done with Electronic callers.I am also interested in that WT caller Steve talks about but Thought I better try this Lohman first to learn the basics before spending that much money.Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

While I am certainly not the most expierenced caller in the bunch I will tell you how i use mine. personally i think that the biggest advantage to a e-call is that you can put the sound where your not. what i like to do is place the caller out anywhere from 15 to fifty hards from me usally to the up wind side but a lot of time the terrain and stand will dictate where i put it. I will put the tape in and let it play continueally at a low volume on my JS like to have the volume at about a 1/4 to a third. I will then sit at my chosen site and wait about a min if i don't see anything i will chime in with a hand call to try and carry some distance. I will blow the hand call about every five min. for the duration of my stand. If you have a remote it is nice because it will allow to get back to your stand before you start the call. some people will go through the trouble of stringing wire inorder to get the sound away from them. this works well but i found it a nusance to lay out and gather again.

hope this helps a little

------------------
for what it is worth, eh!

I had a Lohman caller and I took it back to dealer and got my money back.. I am sure that some people have good luck with this call, but the dealer I got mine at told me that I was about the 15th person that had returned this Lohman caller.. I went and got a JS512 and it is alot better in my opinion than that... what was it! ha! I have had very good luck with my JS512 and it has never missed a beat!! I hope your Lohman is better than mine was!!! The volume on mine crackled real loud when adjusting and it was not giving me the volume that it should!!!

------------------
Bus-Bus

[This message has been edited by Bus-Bus (edited 03-29-2001).]

I have a Lohman 2000 and a JS-512. They're both very close to each other in comparison and they have eached work well for me. I don't notice much difference in the sound quality or clarity between the two. I think the sound quality/clarity really depends on the tapes/CD's you're using not the caller. I too use hand calls a lot and really like them but in some situations an electronic caller can be a big help.

Back