Finally got to shoot the PSA

OregonMike

Well, I got an upper and lower from PSA back around Black Friday. Finally got around to throwing an optic on it about a month ago.... and FINALLY got to shoot it today.

So for a "bottom" end gun, and a 3x Votex Spitfire... I was surprised and a little shocked.

Started out at 230 Yards as there is a 6"x9" plate hanging, and it's easy to see in the dirt around where you hitting. So 5 rounds and I get it on the steel. Move to paper.

So coming of the 20X viper to the 3x lit optic, the target is well..... tiny.LOL.

So even with the 3x and a bipod, no bags, I was able to get it to hold about 2.5" group. GOt it centered, and moved back to the 6x9 steel.

Put 10 rounds in the mag and ended up ringing 8.

I really thought I would not get anywhere near this accuracy out of a $400 gun with a $280 combat optic.... I was using 62gn steel core. Gun is a 16.5" A2 Bbl Chromoly, not lined, M-LOK 13.5" fore grip, MOE on the lower. about as entry level as you can get. Gonna get back out with a few sand bags and some 53gn V-Max and see what it does.

I would totally use this gun for yotes inside 100 yards ( I hunt some brushy farmland.) from what I saw today.

I also threw 10-15 through the MVP Varmint (My main gun for Yotes). First three were in 3/4". This gun love the 53gn.VMax. Have tried 2 different manufacturers and shoots all under 1" with that bullet. Also went 10 for 10 on the plate as fast as I could cycle through em....

And then of course before I left I had to have some AR fun....

I like the 16 inch 1 in 7 twist barrels. After I built mine, some of my friends from work had me put together rifles for them also. They don't reload so the Armscor factory ammo shot 1 to 1.5 MOA for them.
I reload, so after a little load development I have a couple loads that will shoot into 3/4 inch at 100 yds. Both in my rifle and in theirs.
Sierra 52gr. HPBT H322 23.5 gr. CCI BR4 2.250 OAL. 2900 FPS
Nosler 52gr. HPBT H322 23.3 gr. CCI 400 2.260 OAL.
Nosler 69gr. HPBT H322 21 gr. CCI 400 2.240 OAL. 2400 FPS
The Noslers are the Custom Competition that you can get over runs at Shooters Pro Shop at a good price.
I heard some of the barrels that PSA sells are made by Wilson ( so hope fully that is the barrels I purchased ) ????
Tarey

Thanks for the appm details.. I do not reload, but have access to a loader if I want to. Soooo...

The Spitfire is Really nice. Only "complaint" is the eye relief is a little tight. But once I was used to that, I love it. The 50 Yd range was plum full when I was there. But I am spending a lot of time sitting in the living room scoping my wifes horses as they mill around at the barn... Love the reticle... best ever!!

Totally happy, and I was able to find the 3X through my local Bi-Mart for $290. No shipping. It took about 2 weeks to get here... but they are local, and the employees are awesome... so I will support them when I can... and the anticipation was part of the fun!!!

Back