Explain to me today’s school walkout, please ?

Crippleone

I understand that our kids are trying to make a statement here, and something must be done in this country about school violence. I was just watching the evening news, they were reporting on the local schools walkout, and what a great turnout they were having, the tv station was interviewing some of the kids, one individual made the coment “ the school allowed us to march, and we don’t even have to make up our time in class”. The news also showed pictures of the pre-school children being led out of their classrooms to march with the older kids, ( do these little kids even know what their marching about). Im curious how many of these kids would be marching, if it were after school, and on their own time. I’m sure allot of these kids are behind this 100%

Liberal, left-wing teachers... shoving their views on our children. Unless a parent spend the time to educate their children, most will think their view is the truth because they are "teachers".
The days of getting balanced opinions and Views at schools are mainly done.

With that said the walkout was probably 1 kid that knew what was going on... and 20 going along just for something to do and not having to be in school

The leftists in the democratic party knew what they were doing when they lowered the voting age from 21 to 18.

I work at a school with high school age kids. I'd forgotten about their "walkout" but happened to be in the hallway when it started. The things I overheard ran mostly along the lines of "where are we sgoingupposed to be going?". All they knew was they were walking out of class. Looking out the window I could see them standing around chatting and cutting up. Certainly not a serious occasion for them as it was obvious all they cared about was getting out of class, not protesting or marking a solemn event. Media coverage made a much bigger deal of it than it actually was (no surprise there).
I think this set a bad precedent for the students since they no doubt think now they can get away with walking out of class whenever they get upset about whatever and walkouts seem to be the thing to do now. Personally, I hope they try more walkouts, the more the better and as soon as possible because that will only expose them as a bunch of opportunistic crybabies and minimize their supposed effectiveness.

Several of the local school boards made a statement that the students would NOT have to make up the lost time. They failed to mention that the students are on Spring Break, there is no school this week.

It's super smart... let's demand safer schools and mourn a tragedy by LEAVING A LOCKED DOWN SECURED ENVIRONMENT INSIDE THE SCHOOL TO GO HUDDLE IN A LARGE GROUP IN AN OUTSIDE AREA THAT ISN'T SECURE AGAINST THE EXACT SAME TYPE EVENT. Good thinking... must have had too many Tide Pods.

Am I out of line in seeing the irony that it is very likely that the next school shooters took part in the walk out for gun control? When I was in high school or grade school for that matter I would have taken part in about any protest if it allowed me to get out of class. Why haven’t I heard of a walkout to stop texting and driving/walking.... seems like that would save a lot more lives. Or why is there no talk of raising the driving age to 21. I lost a lot of classmates to wrecks before they were 21 and only one to a gun and it was suicide. It seems the only lives anyone of the gun grabbers are concerned with saving are the ones taken with a bullet but that is a pretty small fraction. Of course they are also the ones usually in favor of population control.

people killed with rifles in america annually total between 300 - 350. all rifles combined, bolt action, lever action, single shot, pump action and semi auto. those killed with a semi-auto are a subset of that total, the fbi doesn't even keep track of how many with each type.

which means banning these rifles or even their magazines is not about saving lives. it just isn't, they aren't used to kill enough people. you can ban & confiscate every damned one of them & you won't make a dent in the gun murders.

people killed with bare hands & feet, no weapons at all, total 800 - 900 per year. just to give a little perspective on the actual risks.

each one of those kids that walked out and stood around outside school bs'ing had a better chance of being hit by a car, having a tree fall on them, or being struck by lighting than they do of being shot.

but none of that relates to the agenda.

Originally Posted By: Stu Farishpeople killed with rifles in america annually total between 300 - 350. all rifles combined, bolt action, lever action, single shot, pump action and semi auto. those killed with a semi-auto are a subset of that total, the fbi doesn't even keep track of how many with each type.

which means banning these rifles or even their magazines is not about saving lives. it just isn't, they aren't used to kill enough people. you can ban & confiscate every damned one of them & you won't make a dent in the gun murders.

people killed with bare hands & feet, no weapons at all, total 800 - 900 per year. just to give a little perspective on the actual risks.

Go away with that logic. No one wants to hear it.

Everything you said is extremely true. More gun deaths are caused by handguns than any long gun. It's obvious as to why.

Even car malfunctions have to kill more people than that to issue a recall!

Sugar kills more people than anything. They should ban candy and boycott the companies that produce such dangerous, addicting substances.

Last edited:
Back