I need a handguard

jk2paintworx

I am putting a AR together and I hit a snag. I got a Facon Adj GB and a Matrix handguard. The handguard is nice and light and very low profile. So low profile that my GB won't fit in it without touching the inside of handguard. I like the price of the Matrix since I got it on sale for around $60 but it's just not gonna work.
Anybody have any suggestions for a nice lightweight handguard that won't break the bank.? I'm even open for a good used one if anyone has something. Needs to be Mloc and 12"-14"

I've had good luck with utg Pro Slimline... but if you had problems with this gas block I would measure the height of your gas block just to make sure it would fit. Depending on gas block you might be able to just put a new one that fits under the one you have now. Typically gas blocks are cheaper than handguards

This handguard is super slim. I am researching it a bit and others are having issues. At this point i can teturn the handguard. If i keep messing around with dif stuff i am afraid its gonna start showing signs of use... its a super tight fit with all of my gblock. I dont feel comfortable with less than 1/8” since its a lightweight barrel with supressor and i dont want it to contact when shooting. My SA block has less than 1/16” clearance

Also take a look at Joe Bobs Outfitters adjustable gas block. I have three of them in Matrix handguards. All have plenty of clearance. They are a sponsor here.

Walkingman. It measures 1.27". It hits on the upper part wher the tube inserts into the block. It also hits on the side where the adjustable gas block bulges out.
Reb8600. It is a Odin block.
Maybe I need to stick with a non adjustable.
reloader. I will look into monstrum

Yes, I have several matrix handguards and they are a hair to small to work with anything but a cheapo non adjustable lo pro gb. Kinda frustrating. The .936 low pro Troy will work on the heavy barrel stuff and I have JB non adjustables on my std contour barrels. The JB adjustables sit too close at the radius around the gas tube portion on the .750s as well.

Last edited:
Actually I have several rifles, with Matrix tubes, and the ones with adjustable GBs, have Wilson Combat adjustable GBs on them, and the fit with clearance. But I think the OP wants a different hand guard, not a different GB. Have you looked a Midwest Industries? They aren't cheap, but I think they have a bit more space in the tube, and they have M-Lok, and Keymod, versions.

Squeeze

I had the same problem. Tried the JoeBob adjustable and the Odin. Neither worked. Ended up buying an Aero handguard. Will use the matrix on another build. Good Luck.

Originally Posted By: SqueezeActually I have several rifles, with Matrix tubes, and the ones with adjustable GBs, have Wilson Combat adjustable GBs on them, and the fit with clearance. But I think the OP wants a different hand guard, not a different GB. Have you looked a Midwest Industries? They aren't cheap, but I think they have a bit more space in the tube, and they have M-Lok, and Keymod, versions.

Squeeze

This gb does look pretty slim......this could cost me.....thanks!

Back