Pulsar XQ50 Trail, moving with temperature, with pics

Both Pulsar and ATN are primarily Russian companies where the gear is sourced from.

ATNs thermal line took a big hit when their chief American engineer from Raytheon left to start IRD, they still have not recovered and that is when they polled their resources into the infamous X-sight, which turned out not to be so xciting.

Originally Posted By: SkyPupBoth Pulsar and ATN are primarily Russian companies where the gear is sourced from.

ATNs thermal line took a big hit when their chief American engineer from Raytheon left to start IRD, they still have not recovered and that is when they polled their resources into the infamous X-sight, which turned out not to be so xciting.

Holy [beeep] that's funny!

Originally Posted By: BleedsBluehe started IRD? explains what happened to ATNs talent.

Yes he did. He also was responsible for ATN's THOR system development. Probably the best ATN product out there.

The ATN Thor was ATNs best product since it used American FLIR cores and was designed in USA, and it all went down the tubes when Scott left to create IRD, ATN has been floating in the water like a dead duck since then.....with purely Russian products.

Dimetri also left ATN about the same time to create Armasight with FLIR cores as well and then was subsequently bought up by FLIR to integrate into their consumer hunting market.

ATN has gone nowhere since then....

SkyPup, with this latest information I am wondering if I should wait for the new FW of send my unit in and do without for a while. If the fix is new FW, they would not be able to fix it anyway. I already have the RMA and shipping label. Any recommendation based off of what you know?

Originally Posted By: z4racerSkyPup, with this latest information I am wondering if I should wait for the new FW of send my unit in and do without for a while. If the fix is new FW, they would not be able to fix it anyway. I already have the RMA and shipping label. Any recommendation based off of what you know?

I'll be checking mine later this week and will update...

Updated the scope, finally shot today. Took scope outside with scope temp ~65F, outside temp ~42F.
First shot was about 2" right at 75 yds, made the correction and moved back to 130yds.. second shot BLAM! right in center of plate. Let it sit out for 30 mins or so and shot 2 more. They were maybe an inch low at 130, so raised up .25 units. Will see where it hits tomorrow, but looking real good so far.

I have had mine to the range 3x in various temps since doing the update and so far so good. I'm back to being a happy as clam with my XP50 just wish I could get back some of those missed coyotes that it cost me this winter.

I even setup a 2nd profile today and zeroed in my 17wsm (public land gun) and with the ZRODelta mount I switch between guns 1/2 dozen times and never saw more than a 1/4" difference in groups at 100yds.

So I did the pic test again today post doing the update.. I'd show you the pics, but they all look the same! Took scope out of the house at 60+F.. was 33F outside. Was about dark out when I started.. So as the unit cooled down, and later as the sun rose, for 2 hours it held the same POA. Maybe an inch or so wobble, but not bad at all. Looks like problem solved.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: JCCinOhioSo I did the pic test again today post doing the update.. I'd show you the pics, but they all look the same! Took scope out of the house at 60+F.. was 33F outside. Was about dark out when I started.. So as the unit cooled down, and later as the sun rose, for 2 hours it held the same POA. Maybe an inch or so wobble, but not bad at all. Looks like problem solved. awesome news

Back