The fattest generation in history!

ADK

Millennials are on course to be the most overweight generation in history, with more than seven in ten carrying extra pounds before they hit middle age, according to the latest analysis.

Those born between the early 1980s and late 1990s are much more likely to be overweight or obese than their parents were, the research found.

Despite millennials being associated with diets such as clean eating, more than 70 per cent will be overweight or obese between the ages of 35 and 44. This would make them the most overweight generation on record. About half of baby boomers, born between 1945 and 1955, were overweight or obese at the same age.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/millennials-are-fattest-generation-in-history-z2ptrf7cz

Originally Posted By: ADKMillennials are on course to be the most overweight generation in history, with more than seven in ten carrying extra pounds before they hit middle age, according to the latest analysis.

Those born between the early 1980s and late 1990s are much more likely to be overweight or obese than their parents were, the research found.

Despite millennials being associated with diets such as clean eating, more than 70 per cent will be overweight or obese between the ages of 35 and 44. This would make them the most overweight generation on record. About half of baby boomers, born between 1945 and 1955, were overweight or obese at the same age.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/millennials-are-fattest-generation-in-history-z2ptrf7cz

It's not just the generations' fault, but our industry. Growing up my dad shoveled dirt all day in the strip mines. My friends' dads all worked construction or auto or trade jobs. Now everything is white collar, sit at a desk all day, BS. Not to mention that convenience food has become the staple for most people.

I work a desk job, but walk as much as I can, lift weights, and hunt as often as I can. My wife cooks a home cooked meal every night. It's all about staying active. Too many people can't keep themselves busy all the time and veg out too much.

I hear you Flesh Eater. Our society has changed immensely in the last 50 years (believe me I know). Too many millennials do not cook home cooked meals. It's easier to grab a Big Mac and fries.

It's crazy how lazy people are.

I try not to admit it too often but I was born early 1986, making me a millennial...

I am back down to a more average weight for my height(5' 11" 175lbs) but I used to lift weights hard 4 to 5 days a week and eat 4-5000 calories a day, I was 205lbs and 8% body fat at one point and I got in an argument with a health insurance lady that said I was obese.

I eat really healthy and clean almost all homemade meals, if I removed the meat that I hunt from my diet I would be a vegan. The only exception to that is during coyote season, with all the hiking and shivering I literally have to add donuts and sweets to my diet to keep from losing too much weight, I can already count my abs, I shouldn't be any leaner.

I am a farrier now, I thought landscaping, shoveling rock and wheel barrowing it up hills was hard but trimming and shoeing horses is even harder.

Bmi is a joke, I was morbidly obese once. Same dr. Told me I was disgustingly healthy. I was also 4% body fat and could bench a buick. But I'm short, so obese I be
laugh.gif

Look at a 5th grade class picture of the 50's then look at one today. A fat kid was a rare sight when I was in elementary school but now the majority are fat, lazy and not very smart when it comes to common sense. How often do you see kids nowadays riding bikes for actual transportation? I probably could have crossed the country several times with the miles I put on bikes and most kids today don't even own one or even rode a bike. I'm so glad I grew up without cell phones, video games, 200 channel televisions and the like. I was outside in the woods or on the river every day, rain or shine, hot or cold. I can't imagine asking my mom or dad to take me somewhere in the car......the answer would have been, "are your legs broke".

Originally Posted By: ADKI hear you Flesh Eater. Our society has changed immensely in the last 50 years (believe me I know). Too many millennials do not cook home cooked meals. It's easier to grab a Big Mac and fries.

Like Rock Knocker, I'm one of these "millennials," born in late 1984, so I don't know what life was like 50 years ago. However, in just my short span on this earth I've seen a drastic change.

[beeep], when I was a kid we had three channels, and cartoons ended at 6 or 7 am. After that it was time to get outside, ride bikes, quads, play with the neighborhood kids, which usually entailed hide and seek, rock fights, fist fights, stick fights...you know, stupid stuff to get hurt doing.
smile.gif
Anymore kids are tame as [beeep]. It's like a generation of sheep are being raised right before our eyes.

All I can do for my boys is show them what hard work is. I try to stay busy all the time, whether it's cleaning house, landscaping, mowing, cutting timber, building something, fixing something, etcetera. I learned this work ethic from watching my dad work around the house, not loaf.

Doing my morning rounds yesterday I stopped at the rest area down the highway. There is this gal walking her "rat" in the grass, not in the dog area, I bet the shadow off her azz weighed 50 lbs! As I stroll on into the building I run into her 2 kids, a late teen and early teen age set of daughters. No lie, I bet their combined weight was well North of 400 lbs!
Pure lazy, they need to ban spoons to save their lives!!!!!

One thing I have noticed that is getting under my skin the last couple years are people selling girl scout cookies.

Back when I was in boy scouts and my younger sister was in girl scouts we walked door to door a mile or two a day trying to sell Christmas wreathes for me or her trying to sell girl scout cookies.

Now all I see is chubby little girls and their fat mothers setting up tables in front of businesses or right at the end of the checkout lines at the local grocery stores asking every single person if they want to buy cookies. I'm not buying anything from people just sitting there. The last time the boy scouts came to my door I spent $50 on emergency kits.

Originally Posted By: Rock KnockerOne thing I have noticed that is getting under my skin the last couple years are people selling girl scout cookies.

Back when I was in boy scouts and my younger sister was in girl scouts we walked door to door a mile or two a day trying to sell Christmas wreathes for me or her trying to sell girl scout cookies.

Now all I see is chubby little girls and their fat mothers setting up tables in front of businesses or right at the end of the checkout lines at the local grocery stores asking every single person if they want to buy cookies. I'm not buying anything from people just sitting there. The last time the boy scouts came to my door I spent $50 on emergency kits.

So you bought one kit? Their stuff is stupidly expensive!

Every fundraiser we get from school, door to door, is strongly discouraged, probably due to safety. Not to mention, my kid could walk 5 miles and only hit 5 doors. Haha!

I actually bought 2 kits and got a 3rd one free because one of the kits was past the expiration date (kit maker sent me a replacement, I wouldn't have complained to the boy scouts.)

I definitely know what you mean about expensive though, I made the mistake of saying I wanted to buy a small bag of popcorn covered with candy and nuts from boy scouts years ago and after I said I wanted it they said they wanted $20!

Originally Posted By: Rock KnockerI actually bought 2 kits and got a 3rd one free because one of the kits was past the expiration date (kit maker sent me a replacement, I wouldn't have complained to the boy scouts.)

I definitely know what you mean about expensive though, I made the mistake of saying I wanted to buy a small bag of popcorn covered with candy and nuts from boy scouts years ago and after I said I wanted it they said they wanted $20!

Holy cow! I did the exact same thing! Figured, how expensive could popcorn be? I about [beeep] when they told me the price!

Back